Market to Meal
We come to one of my favorite supermarkets. I show you and explain the most seasonal and Japanese original produces, and basic seasonings like soy sauce, miso, kelp, and dried bonito. From this part of experience, I'd like my guest to discover what Japanese eat everyday, and what are the common ingredients of Japanese cuisine. After visiting the market, we move to my cooking studio by taking a train two stops from Shibuya. We get off and walk in a quiet Shibuya neighborhood to my home and cooking studio. In cooking class, we learn very fundamental Japanese cooking with seasonal ingredients. We will learn making dashi, Japanese broth, Japanese dressings, miso soup, rice, and dessert. This class is all about learning and tasting Japanese fundamental ingredients, and discover how umami is created. My menu is seasonal Japanese creative dishes. I believe food should be seasonal so I update my menu by season. I want my guests to taste and feel the season of Japan.
per adult from
What's included :
- All drinks, lunch, and dessert
- Entry/Admission - Tokyu Department Store Shibuya Honten
What's excluded :
- Transportation to/from attractions
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tokyu Department Store Shibuya Honten, 2-24-1 Dogenzaka, Shibuya 150-0002 Tokyo Prefecture
We will see local and seasonal ingredients.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Tokyo Cooking Studio, 2-chōme-25-3 Tomigaya, Shibuya City, Tokyo 151-0063, Japan
Tokyo Cooking Studio
Departure Point :Hachikō Memorial Statue, 2 Chome-1 Dogenzaka, Shibuya City, Tokyo 150-0043, Japan
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Tokyo Cooking Studio, 2-chōme-25-3 Tomigaya, Shibuya City, Tokyo 151-0063, Japan
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.