Marine Desert Adventure Full Day Tour from Walvis Bay
The Marine Desert Adventure gives you the ultimate combination of viewing our marine life on a leisure cruise on one of our luxury sailing catamarans on the Atlantic Ocean and exploring our fauna and flora with a ride in the breathtaking Sandwich Harbour Desert Area of the Namib Naukluft Park.
per adult from
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Glass of Champagne
- Light refreshments
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Alcoholic Beverages
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- The day starts with a marine educational cruise on one of our luxury catamarans at 09h00 (check-in at 08h30) in search of the marine big 5: Whales, Dolphins, Mola, Leatherback turtle and seals. While serving hot coffee and tea, our initial route takes us past oyster farms as we approach Pelican Point with its landmark lighthouse and 60,000 resident cape fur seals. In season (July to November), larger mammals such as the Southern Right Whale and Humpback Whales are often spotted, while other whale species, such as the Gray whale and the Pygmy Right whale have made appearances. Bottlenose, Heaviside and Dusky dolphins are regularly seen, as are Mola Molas and Leatherback Turtles. Accompanying our four catamarans throughout are a variety of seabirds, such as the Kelp Gull, Hartlaub’s Gull, Pelicans, Skua and Cape Cormorant.
Our journey from Pelican Point takes us past some of the more interesting ships and oil rigs in the bay as we serve fresh oysters with sparkling wine, savoury snacks and desserts together with light drinks, cooldrinks and water. We return to the Waterfront at about 12h30, where your Sandwich Harbour 4x4 guide will meet you for your afternoon Sandwich Harbour excursion.
On the way to the Sandwich Harbour Area we stop at the Lagoon to view the flamingos, before we head towards the Kuiseb River Delta via the Walvis Bay Saltpans. Depending on the tides and the swell, we will try to reach the Sandwich Harbour Lagoon along the beach, one of Southern Africa’s richest and unique wetlands and also one of Namibia’s five Ramsar sites. Alternatively, we will take an exciting dune ride to our lookout dune to get an aerial view of the Sandwich Harbour Lagoon. We have lots of time to stop along the way for photography. We stop along the way to enjoy our world famous oysters, sparkling wine, drinks and cooldrinks. Depending on the weather condition, we do this on top of a high dune overlooking the Atlantic Ocean, on the beach, or amongst the dunes. The route homeward will take us past the area’s typical fauna and flora, including the endemic !Nara plant. Animals which have developed ways to adapt to the desert include the black-backed jackal, fog-basking beetle, dancing spider (‘white lady of the Namib’), golden mole, shovel-snouted lizard, palmato gecko, springbok, oryx, brown hyaena and ostrich. We return to Walvis Bay at 16h30.
Departure Point :Atlantic Street, Walvis Bay, Namibia
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.