Mari Mari Cultural Village Traditional Living
This half-day trip from Kota Kinabalu offers insight into the cultural diversity of Borneo’s ethnic groups and their traditional way of living. Learn how each tribe has adapted to living in Borneo, such as cooking using bamboo and starting a fire without matches. Discover the architectural uniqueness of each tribal house as you walk through the serene jungle setting with your guide. Watch a live dance presentation while tasting dishes unique to Sabah.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide at the Cultural village
- Local lunch or afternoon tea, depending on time selected
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- All Fees and Taxes
What's excluded :
- Return transfers are non guided
- After hotel pickup in Kota Kinabalu, travel for about 30 minutes to the Inanam countryside for a visit to the Mari Mari Cultural Village. Built to showcase the rich diversity of the people of Borneo, the village is set in a secondary jungle, providing an ideal setting to learn how each tribe has used materials for everyday living commonly found in their natural surroundings.
To enter the village, you will cross a 65-foot (20-meter) hanging bridge spanning 13 feet (4 meters) above a flowing river. Take a 90-minute leisurely walk while you visit the houses of the major tribal groups of Borneo, namely: the Dusun, Rungus, Lundayeh, Bajau, and Murut Longhouse. At each house, you will be shown different cultural activities unique to that particular tribe, such as cooking using bamboo, starting fire without matches, making traditional snacks and drinks, and blowpipe target shooting. Please note that there are up to 12 steps to enter the various houses; the flooring is uneven and you are advised to watch your step.
Complete your cultural village experience with a live presentation of dance before savoring traditional cuisine unique to Sabah — either a simple lunch, afternoon tea, or dinner, depending on which departure time you have selected. Afterward, you're returned to your hotel.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Join-in tour is not applicable for shore excursion with pick-up and drop off at Cruise Terminal
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please bring comfortable walking shoes, long pants, sun screen, insect repellent, hat, casual wear, bottled water and camera
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.