Mardi Himal trek
Fantastic Mardi Himal Trek is located east of one of the most legendary trekking destination of Nepal, the Annapurna Base Camp trek. Mardi Himal trek is an unseen gem yet. Few trekkers make their way to the Mardi Himal Base Camp positioned at the base of Mardi Himal and the Annapurna region´s most iconic mountain, Machapuchhre, lirerally meaning "Fish tail". The trail goes along small winding paths, through enchanted rhododendron forests until you climb out of the forest at an elevation around 3,300 meters. The landscape changes quite abruptly into a rugged high mountain landscape, with amazing views of Mardi Himal, Machapuchre, Annapurna South and Hiunchuli.
From High Camp (3580 m; some maps incorrectly mention 3900 m) you can climb up to Mardi Himal Base Camp in about 3 - 4 hours, which offers spectacular close up views of the entire Annapurna Range. There are some simple but cozy guesthouses and homestays along the entire route.
per adult from
What's included :
- All meals during the trek (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Snacks, tea/coffee break)
- Licensed English speaking trekking guide
- Insurance of the Guide and Porter
- Annapurna Conservation Area Permit and TIMS card
- Medical kits
- All applicable government charges
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Travel insurance
- Personal interest items
- Personal Tips
- Beverage and Drink Items
- Other Extra facilities like hot shower during trek
- International airfare and Visa costs
- • Day 1: Arrive at Kathmandu / Meet & Greet
Arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport. Our Staff member meets you and transfers you to the hotel.
• Day 2: Kathmandu Sightseeing. Preparation for trekking
Full day sight-seeing in Kathmandu valley to the famous world heritage sites like Pasupatinath temple, Baudhanath and Swayambhunath.
In the evening, preparation for the trekking.
• Day 3: Drive to Kande and trek to Pitam Deurali (2125 m)
After hot breakfast we drive half an hour to Kande and commence our trek to Forest Camp at the elevation of 1810 m. The trail is steep until Dhampus and pleasant easy walk up to Pothana, where we stay in a teahouse lodge for the first night.
• Day 4: Trek to Low Camp (3150 m): 5 hours trekking
The trail continues from Forest Camp to Low Camp through the forest. As we ascend, the vegetation starts to change and more rhododendron and the trees covered with moss, lichen and tree ferns can be seen. At Low Camp there are two basic lodges one with a dining room with open fire. The view from Low Camp is superb with Mount Machhapuchhre (Fishtail Mountain) visible up the valley.
• Day 5: Trek to High Camp (3700 m): 4 hours trekking
Above Low Camp the trail breaks out above tree line and towards the west there is a good view to Annapurna South and Hiunchuli. The trail continues along the Mardi Himal ridge mainly on grass with some isolated rhododendron bushes along the way.
• Day 6: Excursion to Mardi Himal Base Camp (4500 m): back to Low Camp
The plan for today is to wake early for sunrise view of the mountains then after an early breakfast walk up the ridge towards Mardi Himal Base Camp.
• Day 7: Trek to Siding village (1750 m): 6 hours walk
Today we trek to Siding vallage, a cultural village in Mardi Himal.
• Day 8: Trek to Lumre and drive back: 3 hours walk and drive to Pokhara
From Siding we walk out to the road head at Lumre, on the way from Siding we pass the villages of Kalimati and Ghalel. Kalimati is mainly a Brahmin village with Ghalel and Siding mixed Brahmin and Gurung.
• Day 9: Sightseeing in Pokhara
After breakfast in hotel, we explore some famous tourist areas in Pokhara like Peace Stupa, Gupteshwor Mahadev, Talbarahi, Davis Fall and mountain Museum.
• Day 10: Drive back to Kathmandu
After breakfast we end our stay at Pokhara and drive back to Kathmandu in a tourist couch.
• Day 11: Farewell and Final departure
After breakfast a staff member will pick you up from the hotel and transfers you to the airport for the final departure.
Departure Point :Pick-up at your hotel in Kathmandu.
Departure Time :
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Down jacket, all-season sleeping bag, duffel bag and trekking map (in case if you don‘t have your own. Down jacket, sleeping bag and duffel bag must be returned after completion of the trip).
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.