Maras Salt mines & Moray Half Day Tour
Have a closer look at Incan ingenuity by contemplating the outstanding and enigmatic Moray
Enjoy the beautiful terraces of Maras as you learn from salt elaboration in hands of their inhabitants and join in to participate and test the different types of their products.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick-up from Cusco downtown hotels only
- Spanish/ English-speaking guide
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees
- Entry/Admission - Moray
- Entry/Admission - Salinas de Maras
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Moray Valle Sagrado de los Incas, Maras 08655 Peru
Have a morning pick-up from your hotel and continue on a 40 minutes ride enjoying the beautiful scenery of the Andes until arriving Moray, an admirable Inca experimental farm, where a natural depression has been transformed in enormous terraces superimposed in concentric forms with a shape of a great coliseum, achieving up to 150 meters in different height levels. The purpose of these depressions is still uncertain; altough is considered that perhaps Moray was an Inca agricultural experiment station. As with many other Inca sites, it also has a sophisticated irrigation system.
Discover more about it during your visit.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Salinas de Maras, Carreta a Maras, Maras 08655 Peru
Next, explore the Maras Salt-mines, also called Salinas de Maras, which have been used since Inca times. People channel the salt water that bubbles to the surface from a spring called Qoripujio towards men-made wells. From the exposure to the sun, water evaporates and the salt remains on the surface to be transported later to the market to be sold.
The view of this complex of nearly 3000 salt wells is spectacular.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Chinchero, Chinchero, Cusco Region
Local people happily demonstrate the ancient textile techniques to visitors, even allowing them to participate with them.
After this visit, it’s time to take the transportation back to Cusco downtown.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Plaza Kusipata, Cusco 08002, Peru
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up from Cusco downtown hotels only. If your hotel is located far from downtown, please head to the meeting point location
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 1/31/2020 - 12/20/2021
Monday - Sunday: 07:30 AM - 08:30 AM
Return Detail :Plaza Kusipata, Cusco 08002, Peru
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.