Maras salt mines & Moray - Fantastic
The tour begins in the town of Maras also known as the village of the portals, located in the province of Urubamba at 3300 meters above sea level. Located 52km from the city of Cusco It houses the most important salt mines of the Inca era, being exploited from the incanato to the present, we also find the archaeological site of Moray which is an Inca agricultural research center where the adaptation of products to different climates with a terrace system.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- pick up from hotel in city centre
- first aid kit
- professional tour guide
- touristic transport
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- melas and drinks
- Entry/Admission - Salinas de Maras
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Salinas de Maras, Carreta a Maras, Maras 08655 Peru
• VISITS: Moray, Salineras, Maras
The tour begins with the hotel pick-up and then take a 1-hour and 20-minute tour to our first place of visit, during the trip we will appreciate snowfalls, lagoons, corn and potato fields.
• The first place Moray (agricultural laboratory) where we can see Andean terraces in circular form and that are carved in the depths of the earth, in the form of a bowl, were used to adapt products to different climates.
• After the visit to Moray we will go to “Salineras” or “salt of Maras”, this town is formerly known as a salt producing center and is believed to date from pre-Inca times.
• We can find more 3500
Salt ponds strategically carved on the side of the mountain and filled by water channels. • Already back to the city of Cusco we will pass through a picturesque town “Chinchero” birthplace of the rainbow, this town is characterized by the fact that the Andean textile technique is still preserved. Approximate time of arrival 2:00 pm
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
pick up from hotel in the city center
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.