Maras, Moray, Salineras Salt Mines Tour from Cusco
Discover these off-the-beaten track ruins on this full day tour from Cuzco, which also includes a visit to the quiet colonial town of Maras. A guided tour makes it easy to explore less-frequented locales and includes informative commentary and round-trip transportation from Cuzco. This half day tour experience to Moray & Salt Mines offer stunning scenery of snow-capped mountains of the Andes.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pick up Cusco downtown
- Tourist transportation round-trip
- English and Spanish-speaking Guide
- Some medical first aid kit and oxigen
What's excluded :
- Admission fees cost 80 soles per person
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Entry/Admission - Moray
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Moray Valle Sagrado de los Incas, Maras 08655 Peru
This is a fantastic Half-Day tour to explore the Sacred Valley. You will see amazing views of the "Urubamba" mountain ranges, the Veronica mountain and the green valleys of farms. On this half day trip, you will be able to learn about agriculture, textiles, and the history of the Incas.
We will pick you up from your hotel around 8:35 a.m. and head to the farming laboratory in Moray. This beautiful drive is about 1 hour and 20 minutes. On your drive, you will see the Snow-Capped Mountains of the Andes, lush yellow fields of wheat, and some villages. Finally, you will arrive at the fascinating display of terraces in Moray. Moray boasts three amphitheater-like terraces, made by the Incas. These terraces, which are carved deep into the earth, in the shape of a bowl, were thought to be used to determine the optimal conditions for growing crops.
When you are done exploring Moray, you will head about two miles away, to the Salt Mines of "Maras". This village is known as a former salt-producing center and is thought to date back all the way to pre-Incan times. There are more than 3,000 salt pools carved into the mountain side, that are filled daily by a stream of water. This spectacular area is perfect for you if you wish to see something different than the ruins. Once you are done with the visit, you will head back to the city in time to enjoy some lunch on your own.
Duration: 7 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We can pickup from hotel located close to the historical center or just send us the name of the hotel you booked.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Confortable shoes, pants, jackets, on the day of travel
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Our company is taking biosecurity protocols to avoid the spread of COVID-19. Bring yourself! - Take with you a quick test discard of covid19.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.