Maras Moray (Day Trip)
Though they may not make the list of big-hitter Incan sites in Peru, the ruins at Moray and pre-Inca salt mines of Salineras are no less fascinating than their more famous counterparts. Discover these off-the-beaten-track ruins on this day tour from Cusco, which also includes a visit to the quiet colonial town of Maras. A guided tour makes it easy to explore less-frequented locales and includes informative commentary and round-trip transportation from Cusco.
per adult from
4 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
What's excluded :
- Entrance Ticket: Partial 70 Soles (2 Days Validity) | Complete 130 Soles (10 Days Validity)
- Entrance to Salinas - 10 Soles
- Entry/Admission - Salinas de Maras
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Salinas de Maras, Carreta a Maras, Maras 08655 Peru
We will be leaving from our office to Maras. Maras are home to over 3600 Salt Wells. Strategically dug into the mountainside, thousands of shallow pools filled with saltwater eventually evaporate and leave behind the crystallized salt, a process that has been practiced for more than 500 years. It’s believed that the salt pans were originally constructed by the Wari civilization, which predates the Inca. However, the Inca saw the economic opportunity in harvesting the salt of Maras and expanded the salt pans further up the mountainside.
We will then be visiting the iconic, Moray agricultural terraces. Moray is 4.5 miles from the town of Maras and 39 miles from Cusco. The main feature that impresses travelers is its system of circular agricultural terraces, which are up to 330 feet deep. They are build using retaining walls connected by an irrigation system.
Moray can be considered a crop lab– they used the terraces to create micro-climates and grow various products.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will be picking you up from your hotel within the historic center of Cusco
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.