Maras, Moray and Chinchero Private Day Trip from Cusco
In this full day tour you will know the best archaeological sites in the entire Sacred Valley of the Incas. Discover this enchanting and historic valley as we visit the enigmatic Moray archaeological site, where crops were produced at different heights in a stunning terrace system.
Then, we will visit the town of Maras and the Salineras, where a salt water springs from the mountains and descends into individual evaporation chambers that have been in operation since the time of the Incas to the present day.
Finally we will arrive at the colorful town of Chinchero, where we will learn a little more about Inca history and the creation of Andean textiles.
per adult from
7 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (Private transportation)
- English-speaking tour guide
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fee for archaeological sites
- Entry/Admission - Moray
- Entry/Admission - Salinas de Maras
- Entry/Admission - Complejo Arqueologico Chinchero
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Moray Valle Sagrado de los Incas, Maras 08655 Peru
To start the Maras Moray & Chinchero Tour we will pick you up from your hotel around 8 AM and head to Moray. The drive is about 1 hour and 20 minutes and is absolutely beautiful. You will drive through the snow-capped peaks of the Andes, through lush yellow fields of wheat, past some villages.
Finally you will arrive to the fascinating display of terraces in Moray. Moray boasts three amphitheater-like terraces made by the Incas. These terraces, which are carved deep into the earth in a bowl shape, were thought to be used to determine the optimal conditions for growing crops.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Salinas de Maras, Carreta a Maras, Maras 08655 Peru
When you are done exploring Moray you will head to the salt mines of Maras, which is about 2 miles away. This village is known as a former salt-producing center that is thought to date back all the way to pre-Inca times. There are over 3000 salt pools all carved into the mountain side, being filled daily by a little stream of water.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Complejo Arqueologico Chinchero, Chinchero 08651 Peru
The last place to visit will be Chinchero. Here we can admire the well-preserved Inka walls of the main square as well as the many altars. We will also visit the beautiful colonial church, unique for its interior artwork and imagery. Moving on we will participate in a wonderful introduction and learning experience of the art of Andean textiles; throughout the afternoon we will become acquainted with the wisdom of Andean weavings as maintained since long before Inka times.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick you up from your hotel, hotels must be located around Cusco downtown.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- It is recommended that you bring a sun hat, sunscreen, a waterproof jacket, water and a camera
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- The activities in each trip are monitored continuously, with particular emphasis on compliance with the rules of prevention, control, and response to any possible eventuality. Both the public and private sectors are implementing all the necessary biosecurity protocols for our visitors.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.