The Marangu Route is also known as the "Coca Cola" or "tourist" route. It is the easiest and shortest route to the summit. This is also the only route with the comforts of sleeping huts with solar lights and comfortable beds. The huts are communal, and the bunks have a sponge mattress and pillow.
All climbing groups, often from several countries around the world, share meals in dining huts providing a jovial and energetic atmosphere.
This route is usually done on 5 days but can be done in 6 days for better acclimatization. The extra day can be spent resting at Horombo Huts or climbing the small peak of Mawenzi.
per adult from
8 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Private transportation
- Parking Fees
- Entry/Admission - Mount Kilimanjaro
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mount Kilimanjaro, Kilimanjaro National Park 40000 Tanzania
After breakfast and a briefing from your guide, leave Moshi at 8 AM, drive for 45 minutes to the Marangu Gate on the eastern side of Kilimanjaro, register with the national park, and begin hiking at 10:30 AM. In the rain forest, look for towering Eucalyptus trees, bird life and Columbus monkeys. At these lower elevations, it can be wet and muddy, so gaiters and trekking poles will help. Shorts and t-shirts should be sufficient, but keep your rain gear and warmer clothing handy. Stop halfway for lunch, and reach the Mandara Huts at 2 or 3 PM. Unpack, rest, and have some tea or coffee. A 15 minute side trip to Maundy Crater is a good way to see the surroundings including Northern Tanzania and Kenya. Dinner is served during the early evening at 7 PM.
Duration: 8 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Kilimanjaro Airport, Kilimanjaro National Park Tanzania
Departure Time :1:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.