Maputo Special Reserve (Elephant Reserve)
You will have a unique experience. in addition to traveling in a comfortable way you can stop to enjoy and photograph whatever you want during the way to the reserve, you will be doing the safari in a proper open vehicle that enhances the experience.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- All Fees and Taxes
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Maputo Elephant Reserve (Reserva Especial de Maputo)
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Maputo Elephant Reserve (Reserva Especial de Maputo), Maputo Mozambique
Maputo Special Reserve tour with OPEN VEHICLE is an unforgettable trip to a unique site with extraordinary wildlife in the pure state. You will experience the bush has never before enjoying the sounds of nature. We depart from our office at 6:00 and we will be back around 15:00 in Maputo.
The tour is in a safari open vehicle which enhances the experience.
If you are a lover of nature and wildlife, bird watching, Maputo Special Reserve tour will blow your mind with its diverse eco-systems and fauna. It’s a genuine Safari experience.
We leave from Maputo in a shuttle from our office. We shall drive for 1hr to 1hr 30 mins to the entrance of the reserve. At the entrance of the reserve, we shall find our open vehicle waiting. A game drive and bird watching Safari will be done in the open vehicle to enable you to get a real touch of the Fresh air that the reserve has to offer. Freshwater lakes, marshlands, riverine woodlands, lagoons among many more just show how diverse the nature of the reserve is. This means there is a lot of variation in bird species from water birds and marshland species.
We shall see also some big game such as Hippos, Elephants, Giraffes, Zebras and much more.
Our Safari in the Maputo Special Reserve will take almost 5 to 6hrs because want our guests to enjoy and not tire up.
We will have some snacks and drinks for you during the trip. But you can bring your own food and drinks because we can’t offer you a proper lunch at the Reserve.
Maputo Special Reserve is home to about 334 bird species that have been spotted for so far. We are talking about Spotted Ground-Thrush, Neergaard’s Sunbird, Pink-throated Twinspot, African Broadbill, Livingstone’s Turaco, Eastern Nicator, Southern Banded Snake-Eagle, Black-rumped Buttonquail, Rosy-throated Longclaw, Denham’s Bustard and Chestnut-banded Plover among more. If you are a bird watcher you probably know what we are talking about, if not book with us and leave the rest to us and we shall teach you this unique way of enjoying your time in nature.
Duration: 8 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick-up from every Hotel in MaputoAirports
- Maputo Intl Airport, Maputo Mozambique
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.