Maputo Bay - Special Reserve - Machangulo - 5 Days
Over these five days, you'll have a chance to experience Maputo Special Reserve, once known as The Elephant Reserve, an amazing example of Swaziland's anti-poaching efforts. We will also experience Machangulo Beach Lodge on our five days together.
per adult from
What's included :
- Machangulo accommodation, sharing basis
- Maputo Special Reserve accommodation, sharing basis
- Full board (B,L,D) - alcoholic beverages not included
- Non-motorized activities at both locations
- Water/soda/tea/coffee on all transfers listed
- Binoculars, 1st aid kit, conservation fees
- Land transfers as listed in the itinerary
What's excluded :
- All costs relating to personal items
- Non specified meals in the itinerary
- Alcoholic beverages and soda, including mini fridge expenses
- Non-specified activities and transfers in itinerary
- Travel Insurance
- Maputo Special Reserve is one of the greatest attractions that Mozambique offers. Although it is one of the least known spots in the world, the Reserve offers plenty of diversity and amazing landscapes, and is of course complete with free roaming wildlife.
Machangulo Beach Lodge offers premium ocean view rooms that overlook epic scenery and spectacular views. Equipped with your own private deck, you can expect a very unique and hospitable stay here.
Day 1: We begin our tour with a very early pickup from your accommodation in Maputo, around 5:30am. Once you've been picked up, we will make our way to the Catembe Ferry and then drive to Maputo Special Reserve - visiting a local bread factory on the way.
Today, lunch will be served either on the way, or once we reach the campsite within the Reserve - depending on our time spent looking at wildlife and road conditions.
As we drive, there is ample opportunity to view the wildlife - talk about taking the scenic route!
We will then reach our campsite, enjoy a cold beverage and settle in. Dinner this evening will be served at the campsite where we will overnight in tents.
Day 2: Today our day is dedicated to exploring Maputo Special Reserve.
Day 3: On our third morning together, we will enjoy another delicious breakfast before making our way to Machangulo. Once we reach Machangulo, we will settlie in at these beautiful lodges.
Day 4: Today is a free day to explore at your leisure.
Day 5: On your last morning, you can enjoy relaxing and soaking in the last day on the beach. We will then begin our boat transfer back to Maputo - upon arrival our guide will drop you off at any location in Maputo.
End of tour.
Departure Point :Maputo
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.