Mangrove Birdwatching Journey
The mangrove birdwatching journey is the most comfortable opportunity for novice and experienced birders to explore one of the Osa Peninsula´s top wildlife and birding hotspots. Your expert naturalist and the boat captain will show you the large variety of habitats that are visited through this fascinating excursion
The Térraba-Sierpe Wetland is one of the best preserved mangrove forest found in CR and the largest in the Pacific coast of Central America. With about 32.000 hectares, it is one of the 12 Ramsar Sites found in the country, a unique habitat that maintains and supports several endangered resident, endemic and migratory bird species.
Some of our target species here are:
Mangrove Hummingbird (Costa Rica endemic)
Enjoy from the sit of your boat the other sightings like monkeys, crocodiles, snakes and spectacular unique landscapes.
per adult from
5 to 6 hours
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Private Professional Local Birding Guide
- Birdlist Overview
- Lunch - There will be on-board water,juice and snacks, also lunch included.
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Sierpe, Sierpe, Province of Puntarenas
All the curse of Sierpe River from the river mouth up stream exploring the canals of the river.
Departure Point :Camino de la playa, Costa Rica
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.