Mandalay: Full Day Mandalay Culture Tour
Being the last Royal Capital of Myanmar Kingdom, a visit to Mandalay will give you the knowledge of culture, history and the religion of the Myanmar people. It is also worthwhile to visit U Bein Bridge (the world’s longest teak bridge) and the Kuthodaw Pagoda (where the world’s largest book) exit.
• Take a stroll and have a nice photo stop at U Bein Bridge, the world’s longest teak bridge nearly 200-years-old
• Visit Mahagandayon Monastery, where you will learn about the daily life of Buddhist monks
• Learn about the generosity of the Myanmar people at Mahamuni Pagoda
• Explore the various workshops and learn about the best fine wood carvings at Shwe Inn Bin and Golden Palace Monastery
• See Kuthodaw Pagoda, where the world’s largest book exists
• Enjoy a sunset from Mandalay Hill
• Complete a visit to Shwe Kyin Monastery to watch the evening prayers of the monks
per adult from
What's included :
- Private sightseeing with an English speaking guide & air-conditioned vehicle
- Lunch at local restaurant,
- Pick-up and drop off from/to your Hotel in Mandalay
- Snow towel & 1 Bottle of purified drinking water
What's excluded :
- Hotel accommodation, Entrance fee and Zone fee in Mandalay,
- Services not mentioned in our itinerary
- Air Tickets to/from Mandalay,
- Tips for your guide and driver, Camera Fee, Personal expenses, Travel insurance
- Entry/Admission - Mahamuni Pagoda
- Entry/Admission - Shwe In Bin Kyaung
- Entry/Admission - Mandalay Hill
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: U Bein Bridge, Amarapura Myanmar
08:00 A.M. Pick up from your hotel in Mandalay and drive to Amarapura, 15 km from Mandalay. Visit to 200-year-old U Bein Teak Bridge, built in 1782 at the time when Amarapura was Royal capital. Visit a traditional hand-woven silk workshop.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Mahagandayon Monastery, Amarapura Myanmar
At 09:30 A.M. visit Maha-Gandayon Monastery, a famous Buddhist monastery, where more than a thousand monks live and study and to watch the monks for their alms round at 10:00 A.M.
Lunch will be served at one of Local Myanmar Restaurants.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Mahamuni Pagoda, Mandalay Myanmar
After lunch, visit one of the most revered religious monuments in the Mahamuni Pagoda. Since Mandalay is also a major crafts center, you can also visit a Kalaga tapestries craftsmen’s shop.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Shwe In Bin Kyaung, 89th Street And 38th Street, Mandalay Myanmar
Visit Shwe In Bin Monastery. Visit the Golden Palace Monastery (Shwe Nandaw / Shwe Kyaung), a superb example of a traditional wooden building and Kuthodaw Pagoda the world’s largest book made of marble.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Kuthodaw Pagoda & the World's Largest Book, Mandalay Myanmar
Visit a superb example of a traditional wooden building and Kuthodaw Pagoda the world’s largest book made of marble.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Mandalay Hill, Mandalay Myanmar
Drive to Mandalay Hill to enjoy the panoramic beauty of Mandalay at sunset. Time permit, you can pay a visit is also made to the Shwe Kyin Monastery to watch the evening prayers of the monks. Return to your hotel.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up from your hotel in Mandalay City area. Please advise your hotel's name.Drop-off at your hotel in Mandalay City area.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- As you will be visiting religious sites, please wear clothes that cover your shoulders and knees, and remember to take off your shoes and socks when entering pagoda areas.
- This tour is not available during the Water Festival period between 12 to 18 Apr. During this time, everything in town is closed: restaurants, shops, markets, Museum, etc. Driving through Yangon is extremely difficult if not impossible because people celebrate the famous water-festival. You cannot avoid of getting very wet because everyone throws water at everybody. People drive through the city in open cars and there are stages along the street where people throw water. Everybody going up will get very wet.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.