Manatee Photo Safari and Miami Kayak with Paddle Board Tour
It’s Manatee Season! Ready your cameras and paddles, it’s the best time of the year for wild manatee viewing! Multiple Manatee families have made a home out of our lagoon and absolutely love to pose for the cameras. Come join us in the early mornings or winter afternoons for an exclusive Manatee Photo Safari with an occasional dolphin or two!
Please keep in mind that these wild and protected animals. It is illegal to molest, harass, disturb, and even to hug a manatee. We will view these beautiful, yet funny looking animals as close as reasonably possible. Photo opportunities are plenty on this close-up and personal eco-adventure.
per adult from
What's included :
- Kayak/Paddle Board
- Life Jacket
- Parking Fees
- State & Local Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Virginia Key Outdoor Center - Kayak Paddleboard and Bike Center
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Virginia Key Outdoor Center - Kayak Paddleboard and Bike Center, 3801 Rickenbacker Causeway On, Arthur Lamb Jr Rd, Miami, FL 33149, USA
Join us on a kayak or paddleboard as we paddle in a sheltered secluded lagoon where we search for Manatees and other wildlife. Each winter herds of wild manatees migrate to our warm South Florida waters. Here calves are born and manatee families care for their young before migrating north for the summer. Adults may weigh over a ton, an impressive size. Nothing to worry about unless you are a salad, manatees are herbivores. They are graceful swimmers and gentle despite their size.
This eco-adventure is sure please with close encounters of local wildlife. We may venture out to the Virginia Key Cove where multiple manatee and dolphin sightings have been documented! Virginia Key is filled with life. You will likely encounter coastal birds such as great herons, egrets, crested night herons and more. Guests always enjoy the large iguanas that now live in the area. If time and weather permits it, we may beach at North Point where you are able to see the gorgeous Miami Skyline.
Discover the other side of Miami, like a native, at Virginia Key Outdoor Center.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: 1 Fisher Island Dr, Miami Beach, FL 33109-0001
This private island went from tidal mud flats to luxury real estate. Once one of two beaches open to people of color Fisher Island today boasts of being the priciest real estate in the country. Its rich history is part on Miami's diverse communities.
Pass By: Port of Miami, 1015 N America Way, Miami, FL 33132-2017
A world class working port across from a nature preserve. Yes, only in Miami. Cranes and terminals move thousands of visitors and containers each week. Cruise ships, freighters, and more. All from a safe distance with a great view.
Departure Point :3801 Arthur Lamb Jr Rd, Miami, FL 33149, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Masks and distancing are required while visiting the parks, VKOC and the Paddle House. Please be sure to wear your mask while in the retail area, all indoor spaces including bathroom, and while engaging in passive activities such as walking.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.