Manaslu Circuit and Tsum Valley Trek
The Tsum Valley, also known as the Hidden Valley a land of monasteries and hamlets with totally Tibetan population lies on the northern part of Manaslu on the Nepal-Tibet border and used to be a restricted area until 2008. Although the region lies within Nepal, the Buddhism influenced region is a world of its own. Traditionally, Tsum used to be a separate area different from both Nepal and Tibet. The Tsum Valley region is still less exposed in comparison to other tourist areas, with relatively virgin and less beaten paths in comparison to the more popular regions. The Tsum people have their own way of family life, which may be quite surprising for many outsiders. All the brothers in the family are married to a single girl, what you may call a practice of polyandry. Compared with other areas, The Tsum Valley and Manaslu area is full of imminent mountains, passes, deep gorges, hamlets, gompas, chortens, and mani walls.
per adult from
1 to 25 days
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- n experienced registered, English speaking and local trekking guide.
- Assistant guide is the number of participants are more than 6 people.
- 1 Sharing Sherpa porter between 2 trekkers (weight limit 25kg)
- Meals: 18 Breakfasts, 18 Lunches, and 18 Dinners during the trek.
- Tea, coffee, cookies and fresh fruits during the trek.
- Hot water during the trek (1 liter per person/day)
- Mountain lodge accommodation on twin sharing basis.
- Kathmandu – Soti Khola by private 4WD jeep transportation.
- Jagat – Besisahar – Kathmandu by local sharing jeep/hiace van
- All shuttles from your hotel in Kathmandu.
- Food, accommodation salary of the guide and porters.
- All necessary Manaslu Trekking permits.
- All taxes and documentations charges.
- Insurance and trekking gear for guide and porters.
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Accommodation, meals and transfers in Kathmandu.
- All bar bills and beverages such as coke, fanta, mineral water.
- Guided sightseeing and monuments entrance fees in Kathmandu.
- Laundry service, toiletries and personal nature expenses.
- Hot shower, internet and phone calls
- Personal insurance, Nepal visa fee, international air ticket.
- Rescue operation charge in case of emergency and laundry services.
- Gratitude and tips for your guide, porters.
- ITINERARY ALTITUDETIME
Day 01: Arrive Kathmandu & Transfer to Hotel - 1,300m/4,264 ft
Day 02: Kathmandu: Sightseeing and Trek Preparation
Day 03: Kathmandu to Soti Khola (Drive)700 m10 hr
Day 4: Soti Khola to Maccha Khola930 m6 hr
Day 5: Maccha Khola to Jagat1340 m7 hr
Day 5: Jagat to Lokpa2240 m5 - 6 hr
Day 6: Lokpa to Chumling2386 m6 hr
Day 7: Chumling to Chekampar3031 m5 - 6 hr
Day 8: Chekampar to Nile3361 m5 - 6 hr
Day 9: Trip to Mu Gompa3361 m5 - 6 hr
Day 10: Nile to Chekampar3031 m6 hr
Day 11: Chekampar to Chumling2386 m6 - 7 hr
Day 12: Chumling to Deng1860 m7 hr
Day 13: Deng to Namrung2630 m8 - 9 hr
Day 14: Namrung to Lho3157 m4 hr
Day 15: Lho to Sama Gaun3530 m4 hr
Day 16: Acclimatization
Day 17: in Sama Gaun3530 m7 hr
Day 18: Sama Gaun to Samdo3865 m4 hr
Day 19: Acclimatization Day in Samdo3865 m4 hr
Day 20: Samdo to Dharmasala4460 m4 hr
Day 21: Dharmasala to Bimthang3590 m9 - 10 hr
Day 22: Bimthang to Tilije
Day 23: Tilije to Tal
Day 24: Tal to Kathmandu (Drive)
Day 25: Departure International airport
Departure Point :Mega Mount Trekking & Expedition Pvt.LtdThamel, Kathmandu.
Departure Time :Drive to Soti Khola. 6-8 hours by bus or jeep
Return Detail :Drive to Besisahar- drive to Kathmandu
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Manaslu Trek via Tsum Valley, around mighty 8163 meter high Mount Manaslu and hidden valley of Tsum is unexpectedly popular among wilderness trekking keens. Manaslu region was opened for the trekkers only in 1995 and Tsum was also just released in 2008. Manaslu and Tsum Valley Trek in this geographically extra spectacular and culturally most mesmerizing area, that rewards the trekkers to discover ultimate nature and cultural heritage and experience the mountain life style in Tsum Valley and Manaslu. The residents of upper Bhudi Gandaki, a region known as ‘Nup Ri’ meaning Western Mountain are direct descendants of Tibetan immigrants and they settled here during early 16th century consequently their speech, dress and customs are absolutely similar to Tibetans in the North of Nepal. The Mountain Views in Nup Ri are sensational and iconic that you can find nowhere in the world. The dramatic Larke Pass after visiting Tsum Valley is thrilling life that experience.
- Tsum Valley, also called "beyul" literally meaning "Hidden valley in which people can take refuge at times of political disturbance and where Buddhism can be practiced safely" is yet being explored and right place to trek for the travelling passionate. The valley is a blessed with Himalayan Buddhist pilgrimage site located in northern part of Gorkha district, Nepal. In another sense ‘Tsum’ meaning vivid against the majestic backdrop of the Ganesh Himal, Sringi Himal and Boudha Himal Ranges, this serene Himalayan valley is rich in ancient art, culture and religion. It is said that the Buddhist saint Milarepa is believed to be meditated in the caves of these mountains. The valley is home of some of the unique and historic monasteries, including Mu Gompa and Rachen Gompa, mani and prayer walls which lie on a pretty highland nestled in the lap of the valley and Gompa Lungdang, situated at the base of a conical hill against the main slope of Ganesh Himal. The tribes here celebrate many Buddhist festivals, perform ritual burning of juniper sense to purify the air and Mother Nature, place the prayer flags and install Mani Walls for happiness of the entire sentient living beings. The area is left behind from modernity so their culture remained as it is as it was centuries ago. The palace is really tempting for the trekkers. Here we have customized two itineraries for the Manaslu and Tsum Valley Trek and we Wilderness Excursion operate perfect and ideal mountain holiday in budget cost.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.