Magical Cusco 4 Days 3 Nights
Welcome to Cusco!
Peru offers so much variety and this itinerary combines it all. We'll fly across the Andes to Cusco and the Sacred Valley where we'll wander some of South America's best markets and discover a variety of Spanish and Inca heritage. Then it's on to the once lost city of Machu Picchu to discover it's hidden mysteries for yourself.
Before the Tour, your guide will meet you at your hotel for an in-depth briefing. This provides an opportunity to ask any questions you might have.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel accommodation according to itinerary.
- Meals according to itinerary.
- Lunch in Sacred Valley.
- All guided excursions in English in shared/group service (up to 15 travelers)
- All tour and intermediate transfers.
- Expedition Trains to/from Aguas Calientes.
- Airport transfers.
- Support Staff: Administration and Staff available 24 hours.
- Airport transfer: Transfer from the airport upon arrival in Lima is included if you provide us with the flight information at least five days in advance.
What's excluded :
- Optional climb to Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain.
- International and domestic flights and airport taxes.
- Personal expenses.
- Meals not noted.
- Travel insurance.
- Tips (optional)
- DAY 01: ARRIVAL CUSCO – AFTERNOON CITY TOUR (B)
A member of our staff will be waiting for you at the airport, with a sign with your name on it, to transport you to your hotel.
The city tour will start at 13:00 pm. Today we have a guided tour of Cusco and its nearby ruins. The city, once capital of the extensive Inca Empire, has seen many changes since Francisco Pizarro's men took the city with such apparent ease in November 1533. We explore the city by foot to appreciate its superbly constructed Inca walls and architecturally extravagant colonial churches and palaces. This also includes a visit of Koricancha, the ancient Golden Temple of the Sun. After this we take a short drive to visit the monolithic walls of Sacsayhuaman along with Tambomachay, better known as ‘the bath of the Inca’. Both sites are spectacularly set above the city. In the afternoon you may have time to explore some of the central parts of the city and a chance to look at some of the great varieties of local craft work.
DAY 02: SACRED VALLEY – OLLANTAYTAMBO – AGUAS CALIENTES (B, L)
Early in the morning we will leave Cusco at 8:00 AM. We will stop at the city of Pisac (or Pisaq), through which the River of Urubamba flows. Here we will enjoy the weekly market where we can buy textiles, pottery and other little things. We will then take the bus uphill to the ruins complex of Pisac, an Inca citadel perched on a mountainside. Our journey continues to Ollantaytambo, where we will visit the archaeological complex. In the afternoon, we will travel to Agua Calientes by train, where we’ll spend the night.
DAY 03: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO (B)
After a good night sleep, we will travel by bus to the mountain of Machu Picchu. The tour will be guided for 2:30 hours. We will visit the Main Square, the Circular Tower, the Sacred Sundial, the Royal Quarters, the Temple of the Three Windows and the cemeteries. You will have some free time to discover the secrets of that mysterious place on your own.
In the afternoon, we will return to our hotel in Cusco.
DAY 04: DEPARTURE FROM CUSCO (B)
We will pick you up from your hotel and take you to the airport of Cusco so you can take your flight back home. We at Peru Andes Top hope you enjoyed, like we did, this challenging adventure, with the aim of being able to see you again soon and enjoy another remarkable story together.
Departure Point :You will be picked-up at your hotel.
Departure Time :(Every day, including holidays)
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- During the travel, your main luggage can be stored at our office or at your hotel, both free of charge.
- Original passport or identity card
- Small bag for accessories (a maximum of 6 kg is allowed on the train to and from Aguas Calientes)
- Daypack for personal items
- Comfortable clothes and appropriate footwear (hiking boots or sandals recommended)
- Extra money for souvenirs and handicrafts
- Camera and charger
- Insect repellent
- Scarf or hat in order to protect against the intense sun
- Warm jacket for the evening
- Personal medications
- Tickets to Huaynapicchu (subject to availability) US$35.00
- Train Vistadome Round Trip US$40.00
- Single Supplement US$90.00
- every day, including holidays)
- 4 Days 3 Nights
- You will be picked-up at your hotel
- Your hotel - Airport
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.