Mae Hong Son City & Temples Tour
One of the most iconic sites in Mae Hong Son is its lake. Right beside the lake, are two magnificent temples - Wat Chong Klang and Wat Chong Kham. Following hotel pick up, visit these two very attractive monasteries which house glass paintings depicting Buddhism and the locals villagers simple way of life and a very striking wicker Buddha image. With the lake, Nong Chong Kham, and the surrounding public park in the front of the temples and the mountains in the background this is certainly a beautiful place to visit.
Continue on to “Wat Phra Thad Doi Kong Moo” which overlooks the provincial city. Constructed by Phaya Singhanatracha in 1860, the first King of Mae Hong Son, the hilltop temple temple comprises of several structures including two chedis and two viharns. An extremely tranquil setting, the top of Doi Kong Moo hill provides 360 degree views of Chong Kham Lake, Mae Hong Son, the Pai valley and the airport to one side and the forested hills of Burma to the other side.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Return hotel transportation
- Entrance at all temples
- Entry/Admission - Wat Chong Kham
- Entry/Admission - Wat Klang
What's excluded :
- Gratuities (optional)
- Donation at temple (optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Wat Chong Kham, Mae Hong Son Thailand
his old temple is located near Nong Jong Kam Public Park. It was built in 1827 by the Thai Yai craftsmanship that is both unique and beautiful
This is one of the most important temples in Mae Hong Son and has appeared in Province advertisement campaign. In front of Jong Kam Temple is used for religion purpose. The temple was built in 1797, the first temple in Mae Hong Son. The temple is Thai Yai design and the pagoda inside is called "Kong Mu" by Thai Yai people. The pagoda was built by Satha Kun Pean Pirujkit and Mae Jong Huen Kahabodee. Viharn Lung Pho To was build in 1953 by Burmese (Today Mynmar) At Wat Suthat Tawararam has Thai-French design.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Wat Klang, 6 Moo 4 Phra That, Chiang Klang Thailand
Construction of Wat Chong Klang was carried out from 1867-71 as an offering to Burmese monks who were visiting Mae Hong Son for the funeral of an important abbot. One of the most striking features of this temple is the wicker Buddha inside the main viharn. Wat Chong Klang is also famous for the glass paintings depicting the Jataka tales which tell the story of the previous lives of the Lord Buddha.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Wat Phra That Doi Kong Mu, Mae Hong Son 58000 Thailand
Burmese design temple with 2 white golden-spired stupa domes & an ornate hall, established in 1860.
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
All hotels in Mae Hong Son
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- The tour operates in mornings only
- Cost is based on a Join Tour (Minimum 2 Adults). One day prior to tour, if only 1 person is booked then tour can still operate but surcharge must be paid to Guide for tour to operate as Private Tour OR pax can cancel and receive refund.
- There is a Dress Code for entering a temple. Modest clothing must be worn.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- I Asia Thailand has an exclusive partnership with 'Safety in Asia’. Being specialists in Health & Safety management in the hospitality industry, they will guide us on the best hygiene practices available. 'Safety in Asia' is FTO (Federation of Tour Operators) approved.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.