Madrid Discovery : The Spanish Inquisition Walking Tour (Child goes Free)
Experience a darker side to Madrid on a spine-chilling walking tour, and learn about the mysteries and legacies of the Spanish Inquisition. Learn how it impacted the city and was perceived abroad. Visit key areas that were the setting for the bloody tribunal. In this 2-hour walking tour you can see some of Madrid’s landmarks most closely associated with the dark days of the Spanish Inquisition.Learn about the expulsion of the Jews, persecution, murder and torture during the Inquisition, and even witch covens.Our expert local guide will describe you an in-depth insight into one of the darkest periods of Spanish and European history on the Spanish Inquisition walking tour.
✔Discover the origins of the Spanish Inquisition
✔Roam around key areas of Madrid from the bloody tribunal, consisting the site of a mass trial
✔Visit the Royal Monastery of La Encarnación, and a jail used during the Spanish Inquisition
✔Duration: 2 hours
✔Free cancellation up to 24 hours
per adult from
What's included :
- Walking tour
- Local guide
- Duration: 2 hours
- Entry/Admission - The Royal Armoury of Madrid
What's excluded :
- Pick up or drop-off at your accommodation
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Royal Armoury of Madrid, Calle Bailen, 6 Madrid, 28013 Madrid Spain
Catch one of the most mysterious and bloody institutions in European history on a walking tour of Madrid. Discover the brutal period of the Spanish Inquisition and learn how it weighed over Spain like a curse. Hear how the ruthless founders oversaw the torture, repression and banishment of hundreds of innocent and terrified people, all In the name of religious orthodoxy. Catch key areas of Madrid where the bloody tribunal took place, and learn the truth about the motives behind it and the people who ran it.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Plaza Mayor, Madrid, Spain
Departure Time :4:50 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Updated 12 June 2020 : Spain will be opening some of its tourist attractions from 15th June 2020. Many other attractions will be opening on 01 July along with oversees flights into Spain will also be resuming from 01 July 2020.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.