Madagascar Route 7 Great Rainforest Road to Ranomafana Park and Anja Reserve
Madagascar is the world’s most special island and evolution’s masterpiece, with by far the most biodiversity in the world for its size and a whole 85% of its wildlife being endemic and exclusive to the island. It is an exotic, great value, and affordable destination, and "La Route Nationale 7" is its spine and line to a panorama of changing places north to south along the axis! We love this place and we’re here to share it. Ask!! Come down and take a look at the adventures awaiting you in evolution’s masterpiece, Madagascar! A week of wonders on the great rainforest road!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 6 nights accommodation
- Fuel surcharge
- Environmental Management Charge (Reef Tax)
- Hotel pickup or Airport pickup on Day 1
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Lunch and Dinner
- Visa to Madagascar (you can get on arrival at TNR airport for most nationalities - you need to be 100% responsible please for checking your own requirements with your local embassy or reliable resource of official authority.
- DAY 1: ARRIVAL TO ANTANANARIVO
Arrival at Ivato. Steps for the visa. Guests are welcomed by our representative and transferred to the hotel. Check into the hotel.
Overnight at hotel la Ribaudiere (or similar)
DAY 2: ANTANANARIVO - ANTSIRABE
Breakfast at the hotel.
Departure to Antsirabe. On the road, panoramic view of the rice fields in steps and the tombs of the Highlands of Madagascar. Stop in Ambatolampy to visit aluminum pots manufacturing. In the afternoon arrival to Antsirabe. Visit the City of Waters and some Malagasy craft workshops.
Overnight at hotel Chambre du voyageur (or similar)
DAY 3: ANTSIRABE - RANOMAFANA
Breakfast at the hotel. Before departure to Ambositra, visit Avenue Antsirabe in rickshaw. Ambositra is the capital of the Malagasy handicrafts and wood carving. Visit a few craft shops in the city of Ambositra. Later continue our road to Ranomafana. On the road admire the Betsileo ethnic group landscape with architecture and culture of the rice.
Overnight at hotel Centrest (or similar)
DAY 4 : RANOMAFANA
Breakfast at the hotel. Visit of e Ranomafana National Park. Ranomafana rainforest is known for the
presence of endemic wildlife of the island. There are different types of orchids and ferns. Several faunas are found in this park with different varieties of lemurs and chameleons. A visit of 2 to 3 hours. In the afternoon,
visit the village of the ethnic group Tanala, these are forest people of southeastern Madagascar.
Accommodation at the hotel Centrest (or similar)
DAY 5 : RANOMAFANA – AMBALAVAO
Breakfast at the hotel. Road to Ambalavao. Stop in the city of Fianarantsoa and its historic neighborhoods.
Then continue to Ambalavao. Arrival in Ambalavao visit the village and the reserve of Anja. It is a small reserve, house of many lemurs called Maki.
Accommodation at the hotel Zongo (or similar)
DAY 6: AMBALAVAO - ANTANANARIVO
Breakfast at the hotel. Road back to the capital of the big Island.
Accommodation at the hotel La Ribaudiere
DAY 7: ANTANANARIVO - OUT
Breakfast at the hotel. Tour of Antananarivo. Then we make last purchases in the artisanal market
of Digy. Transfer to Ivato International Airport. Formalities and boarding.
Departure Point :9am or morning in general (flexible) on Day 1 at any chosen Tana hotel or TNR airport.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.