Macon & Beaujolais Wine Tour - Full Day - Small Group Tour from Lyon
Pouilly Fuissé, Pouilly Vinzelles, Mâcon Villages, St Véran, Fleurie, Morgon, Brouilly, Moulin-a-Vent ... Welcome to Macon & Beaujolais Crus regions where some of the best Chardonnay and Gamay wines are produced! Along this wine tour in South Burgundy, visit 2 family wineries and make yours the famous French adage which says "Whites then reds won't go to your head; reds then whites and you're out for the night"!
per adult from
What's included :
- Air Conditioned minibus - very confortable.
- English and French speaking guide.
- Wine tasting with about 11/12 wines tasted.
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks are not included.
- Lunch is not included but the local restaurant where we will stop suggest a menu of the day (around 20
Morning : Macon Crus Wines - Chardonnay Grape Wine-tasting at Pouilly Fuissé
At 9:00 am, your 8-seater minibus leaves Place Bellecour in Lyon to Macon Region, land of the world famous Chardonnay grape.
Travel on the famous Macon Route des Vins and discover a beautiful wine country. Cross Pierreclos and Vergisson towns before "hitting" one of nature's masterpieces, Solutré Roch (493 m), a symbol of Southern Burgundy. Stop to take pictures of this "Sphinx" which dominates Mâcon vineyards also listed as a major Palaeolithic site in France.
At 10:45 am, experience a warm welcome at a Macon family Estate in Fuissé town. With the winemaker, visit the winery and learn about the wine-making process and barrel-aging of Chardonnays.
Then, enter the wine-tasting room sample a selection of Macon white wines among themselves, the famous Pouilly-Fuissé cru. Feel all the finesse & freshness of these perfectly balanced chardonnays with a slight oaky finish.
Lunch in Juliénas or Fleurie towns
Delight yourself with a delicious meal in a local restaurant which serves Beaujolais cuisine. Our guide will be happy to translate and explain all the different courses for you! Menus start from € 20, lunch not included.
Afternoon : Visit of Beaujolais Crus Region Wine-tasting at a small family winery
Start the afternoon with a breathtaking panaroma of the Beaujolais wine region from La Madone Chapel in Fleurie. With your guide learn about the geography of the 10 crus of Beaujolais, their unique soils and climate characteristics.
Follow the journey driving on the magnificent Beaujolais Crus wine road from North to South and discover charming little towns: Chenas, Villié Morgon, Chiroubles, etc.
Then, visit at second family winery, meet a passionate wine-maker, learn everything about the gamay grape and its unique wine making-process called semi-carbonic maceration which gives a special fruitiness to the wines.
Finally, go to the caveau (wine-tasting room) to enjoy several Beaujolais red wines. Delight yourself with these beautiful "crus" as you share a unique moment of friendship.
All in a day, white & red wines!
Departure Point :Office du Tourisme et des Congrès de la Métropole de Lyon, Place Bellecour, 69002 Lyon, France
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.