Machu Picchu Full Day by Train (Group Service)
Machu Picchu, often referred to as the ‘’Lost City of the Incas’’ is located on a mountain ridge of approximately 2,400 m.a.s.l. in the middle of a tropical mountain forest. With its magnificent high walls, terraces and temples with great meaning, Machu Picchu is among the ‘’greatest artistic, architectural and land use achievements anywhere.’’ It is also considered the most significant tangible legacy of the Inca Civilization to date.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Train ticket from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes (Expedition Service at 06:10 hrs)
- Consettur buses to/from Machu Picchu
- Entrance to Machu Picchu
- Guided tour of Machu Picchu Archaeological Site
- Train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo (Expedition Service at 16:22 hrs)
What's excluded :
- Bottled water
- Extra entry to Huayna Picchu Mountain or Machu Picchu Mountain
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Machu Picchu, Machu Picchu, Sacred Valley, Cusco Region
Begin your tour with an early pick up (04:00 hrs) from your accommodation in Cusco and a car transfer to the train station in Ollantaytambo.
From Ollantaytambo, you will take a train (06:10 hrs) to the town of Aguas Calientes, where upon arrival, you will head to Machu Picchu by bus. The 30 minute bus ride to the Lost City of the Incas, will take you along a zigzagging road, so please be prepared.
Once at the main gates to Machu Picchu, you will head into the citadel for your 2 to 2.5 hrs guided tour. This guided tour will cruise you along the main sectors of Machu Picchu including the Temple of the Sun, the Sun Dial, the Temple of the Three Windows among others. After your tour, you will have some time to explore the site on your own but will be required to exit Machu Picchu at 12 noon.
After finishing, you will need to exit Machu Picchu to, once again, take the bus back to the town of Aguas Calientes.
In Aguas Calientes, you will have enough time to have lunch before your train departure from Aguas Calientes (16:22 hrs). It is important to remember that you will be required to be at the train station at least 30 minutes prior to the scheduled train departure and will need to head towards the train station on your own ( (located inside the main souvenirs and handicrafts market).
Arrive in Ollantaytambo train station (18:10 hrs) and look for a staff member holding a sign with your name on it. You will then be transferred to Cusco by car to be dropped off at your accommodation in Cusco. Approximate arrival time in Cusco is 20:00 hrs.
It is possible to arrange for a re-entry ticket in the afternoon entry slot from 13:00 hrs to 17:00 hrs. This may be arranged ahead of time (at time of booking), is subject to additional costs, and includes later train return times.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :4:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.