Machu Picchu Day Trip from Cusco
Local experts for an easy way to visit Machu Picchu, all details are arranged: ticket train on premium departures from/to Machu Picchu, bus on shift to go up and down the citadel, morning shift entrance fee, and expert local guide. Feel the energy, hear the stories and history of one of the most attractive places over the World.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Guided tour of Machu Picchu
- Local English- or Spanish-speaking guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off. Note: Some hotels are in areas where the access by vehicle is not permitted. Send hotel details in order to arrange your pickup and drop-off in a nearby place if necessary.
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu
- Selected round trip train ticket
- Entry/Admission - Santuario Historico de Machu Picchu
What's excluded :
- Bottled water
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Santuario Historico de Machu Picchu, Machu Picchu Peru
Completed in approximately 1450 at the height of the Incan empire, Machu Picchu was abandoned less than 100 years later following the Spanish conquest of Peru. Today it is considered by many to be the new spiritual center of the world.
From Cusco, you'll be transferred to the railway station to enjoy your 1.5-hour scenic rail tour to Aguas Calientes. We arrive at the Aguas Calientes station where our staff will assist us on boarding the bus to go up the winding road to Machu Picchu, amid a spectacular view of the Urubamba River and its canyon. The Lost City of the Incas, Machu Picchu, will astonish us with its terraces, ceremonial shrines, steps and urban areas. Energy is all around us. At the arranged time, we will take the train back to Cusco city.In order to meet various customer needs, you can choose from three different types of options.
The Expedition option was created for adventurous passengers seeking comfort and security without the extra frills. Departing from Ollantaytambo train station, located approximately 1.5-hours from Cusco, your journey to Machu Picchu begins! The seats have been reupholstered with indigenous fabrics, giving them a touch of local flavor. Snacks are available for purchase, as well as additional storage space for backpacks.
The Vistadome option is a comfortable way to journey to Machu Picchu. Departing from Ollantaytambo train station, located approximately 1.5-hours from Cusco, you'll enjoy beautiful panoramic windows to make the most of the spectacular scenery and allow for fantastic photo opportunities. Delicious snacks as well as hot and cold refreshments are served on the way (own expense).
The Executive Class option departs from the Ollantaytambo train station, located approximately 1.5-hours from Cusco and make your way to Machu Picchu in comfort. Enjoy scenic panoramic views from the train, where you'll be seated in comfortable, padded chairs with a fold-out table for your convenience. Snacks and beverages are served on board the train for your enjoyment (own expense).
The First Class option is a luxury service that ensures to make your visit to the citadel of Machu Picchu an unforgettable trip. Exclusive design with details of luxury and elegance, has two wagons of 30 seats each, panoramic windows and comfortable seats with folding tables; Observatory Lounge Bar with an outdoor balcony and live music. The service on board includes a welcome cocktail, a gourmet menu made with organic ingredients and a selection of imported wines.
Upon arrival at Aguas Calientes station, you'll board a small bus and head up to the ruins of the “sacred city”, Machu Picchu. Your expert guide will walk with you through the main streets of these amazing ruins. Stroll through town squares and climb delicately carved stone stairways. Esoteric wisdom holds Machu Picchu as the new spiritual center of the world. There will be time to be alone and fully embrace this magnificent wonder of the world, letting this once in a lifetime experience set in.
In the afternoon you'll return to the train station in Aguas Calientes for the trip back to Cusco.
IMPORTANT: Your passport detail is needed for the Machu Picchu Day Trip (Full name and Passport ID). Please provide your passport detail in the additional request box, otherwise the tour is not confirmed.
Duration: 14 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
This activity includes roundtrip transfer from your hotel, apartment or your house.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- IMPORTANT: All traveler passport details are needed for the Machu Picchu Day Trip (Full name and Passport ID). Please provide all the passengers names, numbers of passaports, date of birth and nationality, otherwise the tour is not confirmed.
- Please note: transport time on the train varies depending on which station you depart from. Could be Poroy train station or Ollantaytambo train station subject to availability. This information will be provided by our representative the same day of your tour in Cusco.
- Please note: travel date amendments are accepted outside of 16 days before scheduled tour date
- Please note: The guided tour lasts around 2.5 hours. After that, you are free to explore Machu Picchu on your own.
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Please note: Machupicchu Admission ticket and train tickets are included in this tour and will be given to the passengers the same day of their tour.
- Please note: A notification reconfirming the meeting or pick up time will be sent through tripadvisor experiences extranet a day before the service.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We suggest arriving in Peru with antibacterial gel for personal use.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.