Luxor to Denderah and Abydos Full Day Private Tour: Temples of Hathor and Seti I
You will be picked up by a professional tour guide and will drive past picturesque villages through the city of Qena to the Denderah Temple, built in the 1st century BC by Ptolemy VIII and Queen Cleopatra II and one of the best-preserved temples in Egypt. The temple is dedicated to Hathor, Goddess and mother of the Pharaohs, representing maternity, love, music and the celestial. You can visit the crypt and the roof where you will find a (copy of) the famous Denderah Zodiac. After lunch in a good local restaurant, we drive to Abydos to visit the Great Temple of Seti I. This unique L-shaped, limestone temple has beautiful decorations and has the famous Kings List. At the end of the tour, you will be brought back to your hotel in Luxor.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Lunch - You will have lunch in a good local restaurant to experience the unique Egyptian kitchen.
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Dendera Temple Complex
What's excluded :
- Personal Spending
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Dendera Temple Complex, Qena Egypt
The Denderah Temple was built in the 1st century B.C by Ptolemy VIII and Queen Cleopatra II, and is one of the best-preserved Temples in all of Egypt. The temple is dedicated to Hathor, Goddess and mother of the Pharaohs, representing maternity, love, music and the celestial. The Goddess is mostly represented, with the horns of the sacred cow supporting the solar disc of the sun. In her hands she holds an "Ankh" (the symbol of life), and a scepter. You can visit the crypt, a great spot, for those who are not claustrophobic. 2 staircases lead to the roof, beautifully decorated with symbols of the 12 months of the year. In one of the rooftop chapels, you will find (a copy of) the famous Denderah Zodiac (the original rests in the Louvre in Paris). The temple has been recently restored and cleaned and will give you a feeling of walking through ancient history.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Abydos, Abydos, Sohag Governorate, Nile River Valley
The Great Temple of Seti I, which, after a certain amount of restoration work, is one of the most complete, unique and beautiful temples in Egypt, with delicate decorations and a very special atmosphere. This great limestone structure, unusually L-shaped, had seven great doorways and was dedicated to the six major gods – Osiris, Isis, Horus, Amun-Ra, Ra-Horakhty and Ptah – and to Seti I (1294–1279 BC) himself. By the death of his father, Ramses II finished the temple.
Most famous feature of the temple is the Gallery of the Kings, carved with the figures of Seti I, his son Ramses II, and a long list of the pharaohs who preceded them.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up all guests from their Luxor accommodation.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- not all parts of the temples are wheelchair accessible.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Blue Heaven Travel has worked tirelessly to ensure the health and safety of our guests. We have taken all security measures according to the guidelines of the Ministry of Tourism to guarantee a safe and wonderful experience for our guests
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.