Luxor East Bank, Karnak and Luxor Temples
Visit the Old-age Temples of Karnak and Luxor Temple on the Nile’s East Bank on this 4-hour private tour from Luxor. With your own Egyptologist guide, travel by private Air-Conditioned Car to Karnak, an awesome collection of temples and halls dating back over 3,000 years. Ogle the giant columns of the Hypostyle Hall, walk the Avenue of the Sphinxes, and see other highlights as you learn their history. Then, head for Luxor Temple to admire its columns, courts and statues; and discover how it was embellished by Tutankhamun and Alexander the Great.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private half-day trip to Karnak and Luxor Temples.
- See the legacy of many pharaohs through the complex of Karnak.
- Explore Luxor Temple, a true Egyptian temple.
- Enjoy with Egyptologist guide on this special private tour.
What's excluded :
- Any extra tours
- All Entrance Fees
- Entry/Admission - Luxor Temple
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Karnak Open Air Museum, You Require a separate ticket within the walls of Karnak Temple, Luxor Egypt
As you travel, hear how Luxor stands on the 4,000-year-old site of Thebes, Egypt’s ancient royal capital, and how Karnak is the largest of its temple complexes. Discover how this vast collection of buildings was developed by more than 30 pharaohs, including Amenhotep IV and Ramses II.
On arrival, walk along the Avenue of the Sphinxes to the gateway, and then explore inside with your Egyptology guide. Hear how the huge pylons at the entrance were constructed, and marvel at the courtyards and sanctuaries beyond. The deeper you go into the complex, the further back you step, with the oldest ruins dating back more than 3,000 years.
Gaze in awe at the show-piece Hypostyle Hall, crowded with 134 massive columns that tower above you like an ancient forest. Crane your neck upwards and learn about the ingenious methods used to raise them by the long-ago Egyptians. See the sacred lake where Pharaonic offerings were purified, and then enjoy free time to stroll around the site at leisure.
Stop At: Luxor Temple, Luxor 23512 Egypt
Continue to Luxor Temple, an ancient temple in the Center of Luxor laid parallel to the Nile. Hear how it was built in around 1,400 BC, and added to by Tutankhamun, Ramses II and even Alexander the Great.
Admire the two colossal statues of Ramses at the entrance, and the granite gateway obelisk whose original counterpart now stands in Paris’ Place de la Concorde. Then, head inside to gawk at the richly carved inner sanctuaries, papyrus columns and courts. Peep inside the atmospheric anterooms, including the chapel dedicated to Alexander the Great, who rebuilt the room in his name.
When the time comes, finish your tour with a drop-off at the start point.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.