Lutyens' Delhi - A City Of Grand Avenues And Monuments
New Delhi was designed by the British architect, Sir Edwin Lutyens in 1911 as the capital of British India. The intent was to create a grand, monumental city space which would inspire awe and be symbolic of the British Empire. This private half day tour visits Lutyens’ New Delhi - you have a choice of either a morning or afternoon tour.
• President's Palace
• Parliament House
• India Gate
• National Museum.
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private Air-Conditioned Vehicle
- Pick up and Drop off at hotel in New Delhi.
- Service of English Speaking Local Guide
- 02 bottles of mineral water
- Entry/Admission - Rajpath
- Entry/Admission - National Museum
What's excluded :
- Lunch, Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Rajpath, New Delhi India
You will be picked up from your hotel in New Delhi in an air conditioned vehicle. Your private half day tour will showcase the New Delhi that was designed by Sir Edwin Lutyens in 1911 as a symbol of British dominance over the Indian subcontinent. Today, the monuments of New Delhi are the most visible symbols of democratic India. New Delhi is a city of broad roads and tree lined avenues, with government buildings and embassies set in private gardens. Here you also find several museums and popular places of worship. Drive along Rajpath - the capital's broadest avenue. Along the way you will see Parliament House, a low, circular structure that covers more than five acres of land. You will also see Rashtrapati Bhawan, the President's Palace, which is the official residence of the president of India. See the India Gate, a 138-foot-high, arch-shaped structure that stands at the eastern end of Rajpath. It is inscribed with the names of 85,000 Indian Army soldiers who lost their lives in World War I. Below burns the Amar Jawan Jyoti, the Eternal Flame, in tribute to all martyred soldiers of India.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: National Museum, Janpath, New Delhi 110011 India
You will have time to visit the National Museum, also known as the National Museum of India, one of the largest museums in India. It houses a variety of artifacts from the prehistoric era to modern works of art.
At the end of your tour you will be escorted back to your hotel in your air conditioned vehicle.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :New Delhi, New Delhi, National Capital Territory of Delhi
Traveler pickup is offered
We may pick up travelers from city center hotels / fixed point wiithin city limits. In case pick up is outside central points extra cost shall applicable subject to distance applicable.Airports
- Mumbai Airport, Maharashtra 400099, Mumbai India
Departure Time :09:00 A.M. in the Morning
02:00 P.M. in the Afternoon
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please dress modestly and ensure you have adequate sun protection.
- National Museum closed on Every Monday.
- Children under 15 must be accompanied by an adult
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.