Luo Village and Ruma National Park
If you are looking for a unique experience in Kenya then travel with us! All of our tours are socially conscious and support the local economy and our arts education program. We have both Kenyan and American guides and provide a safe and memorable experience.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 1x Breakfast
- 2x Dinner
- 2x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 2 nights
- Entry/Admission - Ruma National Park
What's excluded :
Day 1: All Roads Point West
Stop At: Western Province, Western Province
On day one we will depart from Nairobi at 7am and reach our destination at approximately 4pm. Snacks are prepared for the trip and a welcome dinner are included. Guests will stay at a partner hotel but will first tour a traditional Luo homestead. Some guests may take part in a bonfire or swimming in the hotel swimming pool that evening.
Duration: 8 hours
• Lunch: Kenyan snacks like mandazi, chapatti, fresh fruits, and drinking waters are provided.
• Dinner: Dinner available, please let us know any dietary restrictions
Accommodation included: We have a comfortable 3-star lodging booked that includes breakfast and access to a swimming pool.
Day 2: Ruma National Park
Stop At: Ruma National Park, Lambwe Valley, Homa Bay 40300 Kenya
On day two we will wake up and prepare to leave for Ruma National Park at 5 am. This is an early wakeup call but the best way to see wildlife and beautiful views. We will have breakfast at the park and return to the homestead for a late lunch. Of course, we can't guarantee sightings but we can boast the Ruma National Park is said to have over 400 giraffes! So the chances of seeing more giraffes than you've ever seen are pretty good to say the least! Other animals that are common to see include zebras, antelope, the white rhino !!
Those not interested in Ruma National Park may stay behind in the village and participate in a cooking class or go swimming at the hotel swimming pool if they prefer. There are also options to go shopping for small souvenirs and fresh fruits in the local market.
After lunch, we will have a class on Luo culture, history and language and a traditional dance lesson and presentation.
We will end the evening with a traditional dinner and bonfire.
Basically expect an amazing party!
Duration: 6 hours
Accommodation included: Overnight at 3star hotel
Day 3: Back to Nairobi
Stop At: Nairobi, Nairobi
Day three we will wake up early to return back to Nairobi. There will be a chance to stop and take photos along the way at two different lookout points. Breakfast and snacks will be served.
Duration: 8 hours
No meals included on this day.
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Yaya Centre, Argwings Kodhek Rd, Nairobi, Kenya
Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick up at your hotel Airports
- Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, Embakasi, Nairobi, Kenya
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.