Lucerne, Engelberg & Mount-Titlis Discovery From Zurich
Discover Medieval towns, artisan cheese, and stunning Alpine scenery as you journey to the heart of the Lucerne region. Learn about the people behind Lucerne’s Medieval old town, and sample some of Switzerland’s most authentic cheese, crafted on-site at Engelberg Abbey. Glide to the top of Mount Titlis via cable cart, and lose yourself in a word of glacial caves, sky-high suspension bridges, and stunning Alpine wilderness.
per adult from
8 hours 45 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 1st Class Rail Ticket
- Aerial Cableways Ticket
- Exclusive Cheese Tasting
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Mount Titlis
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Zurich, Zurich
Your guide will pick you up from your hotel, before boarding your first-class carriage to Lucerne.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Lucerne, Lucerne
The first stop on our adventure through the region is the historic Lucerne Old Town. Your guide will escort you through the maze of Medieval streets, sharing the stories behind the centuries old architecture, and the people and cultures which built it. With its lovingly preserved churches, fairytale bridges, and leafy promenades which lines Lake Lucerne, this medieval center offers an enchanting glimpse of Swiss heritage. Follow in the footsteps of royalty, as you explore the favorite sites of historic giants including Queen Victoria, and the renowned German composer Richard Wagner.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Engelberg, Engelberg, Canton of Obwalden
Heading onwards, you will reach the gorgeous town of Engelberg, famed for its immaculate winter scenery, rich spiritual history, and of course, its artisan cheese. As you make your way through the pretty town center, your guide will reveal the stories behind the famous Engelberg Abbey - a Benedictine monastery built in 1120 - and how it came to be the only site of its kind in Switzerland to have a dairy. When you reach the Abbey you will begin your journey into Swiss cuisine, as your local cheese expert takes you into the cheese workshop. Watch as the fresh milk is poured into vats, then solidified, and cut into its final form.
Here you will learn with your taste buds, as you sample creamy fondue, wheels of raclette, and local favorite, the Engelberger Klosterglocke, all made on site. Your expert cheesemaker will be on hand to show you what goes into each cheese, and the traditional methods used in the Engelberg region.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Mount Titlis, Poststrasse 3 Talstation, Engelberg 6390 Switzerland
Next, you will head to the cable cart station, and begin the ascent to the top of Mount Titlis.
As your cart climbs closer to the summit, you will be treated to stunning views over the Alps, with mountains, valleys, and crystalline lakes stretching as far as the eye can see. Your guide will share stories about the history and culture of the region, pointing out spots of interest you might otherwise have missed.
When you reach the top you will have the chance to explore the Glacier Cave, with its centuries-old ice tunnels and fresh glacial air, and the Titlis Cliff Walk, which offers 360-degree views and an exhilarating route across a suspension bridge.
Those looking for an adrenaline-fuelled adventure will also have the chance to take the Ice Flyer to the Titlis Glacier Park. This thrilling chair lift will sweep you over crisp snowfields, with nothing beneath you except icey air and birds-eye views of Titlis.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Zurich, Zurich
Your guide will escort you back to your hotel in Zurich once the tour is over
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.