Lower East Side Eats Food Tour
On this 3-hour tour of the Lower East Side, you and a group of 4-18 people will eat your way through the streets, as you sample delicacies from New York's premier appetizing stores, ethnic eateries, and "mom and pop" restaurants. Explore what was once an immigrant and working class neighborhood rich in ethnic diversity and culture. Learn about the history of the tenement buildings and much more!
per adult from
What's included :
- 6 food tastings (enough for lunch)
- 3-hour walking food tour with a discussion of neighborhood history and culture
- Licensed New York City sightseeing guides
- Bottle of water
- Cartoon map of the neighborhood
- Entry/Admission - Lower East Side
- Entry/Admission - Sidewalks of New York Tours
- Entry/Admission - Essex Street Market
- Entry/Admission - Orchard Street
What's excluded :
- Transportation to and from the meeting location
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lower East Side, New York City, NY
On this guided food tour of the Lower East Side, you'll visit six different mom-and-pop shops, ethnic eateries, and restaurants. Taste dishes unique to this historical Manhattan neighborhood, including famous delis, bakeries, traditional appetizing stores, and more. All food tastings are included in the price. See all food tastings below.
• Sample tasty food from century-old authentic Jewish delis and bakeries
• Explore the Lower East Side's historic tenement buildings and synagogues
• Visit an old-fashioned candy store serving the neighborhood since 1937
• Taste a tres leches and blackout cake doughnut from the award winning Doughnut Plant NYC
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Sidewalks of New York Tours, 88 Greenwich St Apt 1220 Suite 201, New York City, NY 10003
On your three hour food adventure, you will savor foods from Yonah Schimmel Knish, Russ and Daughters, Katz's Deli, North Dumpling, the Pickle Guys, Kossar's Bialys, and the Doughnut Plant. In addition to all the delectable food, your guide will discuss the history, culture, and must-see landmarks in the neighborhood.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Essex Street Market, 88 Essex St, New York City, NY 10002-3809
Essex Market has been a fixture on the Lower East Side since 1888 when it began as an outdoor pushcart market. Shopping at Essex Market has always been a unique experience, as local residents and visitors alike gather to browse a diverse collection of goods.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Orchard Street, New York City, NY
Orchard Street is a street in Manhattan which covers the eight city blocks between Division Street in Chinatown and East Houston Street on the Lower East Side.
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :137 E Houston St, New York, NY 10002, USA
Departure Time :11:00 AM
Return Detail :379 Grand St, New York, NY 10002, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wear comfortable shoes
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- At Sidewalk Food Tours, the health of our guests and employees is our top priority, and we have put special measures in place to provide the safest and most enjoyable experience for all. We are going above and beyond National and Local guidelines laid out for the Tourism and Restaurant Industries.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.