Loris Watching from Polonnaruwa
(SKU: LK52120100)Lorises are nocturnal and arboreal.They are found in tropical and woodland forests of India, Sri Lanka, and parts of southeast Asia. Loris locomotion is a slow and cautious climbing form of quadrupedal-ism. Some lorises are almost entirely insectivorous, while others also include fruits, gums, leaves, and slugs in their diet.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Nature Hike.
- Entrance ticket included.
- Commentary and advice from expert naturalist guide.
- Highly recommended for Mamal Watching.
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and Drop.
- Expenses of Personal Nature.
Five decades ago, a British naval officer’s love for trees resulted in an arboretum in our island country. Built across seven acres at that time, it spread to over 34 acres after he gifted it to IFS (Institute of Fundamental Studies). Today, Sam Popham’s Arboretum is home to several species of birds, butterflies, dragonflies and mammals, including the rare, nocturnal slender loris, which is native to Sri Lanka and India.
Since our naturalists are accustomed to this unique sanctuary of flora and fauna, you can trust them to guide you effortlessly through the night walk. They’ll use torches with relatively less obtrusive red lights to search for the loris and switch on the white lights only when they spot one. These arboreal animals have long slender bodies and big round eyes that shine in the darkness. Besides the loris, you might spot mouse deer, civet cats and rabbits too.
A walk around this natural haven might give you an experience you’ll cherish for a lifetime.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :6:30 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.