Long Melford: Discover the stories behind the village green on an audio tour
Visit Long Melford with this self-guided audio tour for anyone who wants to discover more of the village than just it’s views. Join me on this walk around the green, get to know the village like a local and hear how it got its start in the wool trade. Along the way, you’ll hear a few of the stories that get talked about when the locals get together in the pubs.
You’ll hear about:
• The Abbots of St Edmunds
• Where John Lennon caused a flood
• What caused the riot act to be read for the last time in England
• And why a man had butter melting under his hat
There is a whole way of life around the green to discover. You might even fancy a bit of "ordinary" at the end of the tour.
per adult from
35 to 50 minutes
What's included :
- Lifetime access to this tour in English
- VoiceMap App for Android and iOS
- Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
What's excluded :
- Tickets or entrance fees to any museums or other attractions en route
- Smartphone and headphones
- Food and drink
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Long Melford Village Hall, Long Melford, Sudbury CO10 9JQ, UK
The tour starts just outside the Long Melford Village Hall.
Pass By: Chad Brook, United Kingdom
The tour passes over the Chad Brook.
Pass By: Community Association Old School, Long Melford, Sudbury CO10 9DX, UK
The tour makes a brief stop outside the Community Association Old School.
Pass By: The 13th century Market Cross, The Green, Long Melford, B1064, Long Melford, Sudbury CO10 9DT, UK
The tour passes by the The 13th century Market Cross on The Green.
Pass By: The Black Lion, The Green, Long Melford, Sudbury CO10 9DN, UK
The tour passes by The Black Lion.
Pass By: Holy Trinity Long Melford Church, The Rectory The Green, Long Melford, Babergh District CO10 9DT England
The tour makes a brief stop outside the Holy Trinity Church, Long Melford.
Pass By: Holy & Blessed Trinity Hospital, 8 Church Walk, Long Melford, Sudbury CO10 9DJ, UK
The tour passes by the Holy & Blessed Trinity Hospital.
Pass By: Water Conduit, Long Melford, Sudbury CO10 9DU, UK
The tour passes by the Water Conduit.
Pass By: National Trust - Melford Hall, Long Melford, Sudbury CO10 9AA, UK
The tour passes by the grounds of the National Trust - Melford Hall.
Pass By: Bull Hotel, Hall St, Long Melford, Sudbury CO10 9JG, UK
The tour ends outside the Bull Hotel.
Departure Point :Long Melford Village Hall, Long Melford, Sudbury CO10 9JQ, UK
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 7/14/2020 - 10/21/2021
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Return Detail :Bull Hotel, Hall St, Long Melford, Sudbury CO10 9JG, UK
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All of VoiceMap's audio tours are self-guided and users must bring their own smartphone and headphones to take the tour. We urge all our users to wear facemasks and carry hand sanitizer with them to ensure they're own protection and the protection of others.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.