Lonely Planet Experiences: Small Group Beijing City Tour
Experience the best travel stories for yourself! Join a local expert and uncover hidden gems on this city adventure hand-picked by the world’s leading travel publisher. Lonely Planet Experiences powered by Urban Adventures bring stories to life in the best-loved cities around the globe. Get an insider’s view to China’s capital city, Beijing, and see all its top attractions. Feel the buzz of Tiananmen Square, the tranquility of the Temple of Heaven and the grandeur of the Forbidden City on this small group tour. A maximum of 12 participants ensures more personalized attention.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local English-speaking guide
- Subway or bus fare
- Entry/Admission - Temple of Heaven
- Entry/Admission - Hall of Prayer for Good Harvest
- Entry/Admission - Tiananmen Square (Tiananmen Guangchang)
- Entry/Admission - Forbidden City-The Palace Museum
- Entry/Admission - Jingshan Park (Jingshan Gongyuan)
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Temple of Heaven, 1 Tian Tan Dong Lu, Dongcheng Qu, China, 100061
-Blend in with the locals by taking part in their morning exercises in Temple of Heaven Park： Taiji , dance, other games.
-Admire the magnificence of Temple of Heaven(world UNESCO heritage) and learn the royal ritual sacrifice to heaven.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Hall of Prayer for Good Harvest, Inside Temple of Heaven Park, Dongcheng District, Beijing 100050 China
We will visit inside the prayer hall as well.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Tiananmen Square (Tiananmen Guangchang), West Changan Street, Dongcheng District, Beijing 100006 China
With a quick VIP ticket, we can explore the iconic Tiananmen Square and understand its local significance.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Forbidden City-The Palace Museum, No.4 Jingshanqian Street, Dongcheng District, Beijing 100009 China
We'll pass through the Gate of Heavenly Peace (adorned with its famous Mao portrait) to enter the famed Forbidden City. Off-limits to most of the world for 500 years, this ‘city’ houses the best-preserved cluster of ancient buildings in China and is a must-see spot in Beijing. Discover some of its secrets and learn about some of the legends while enjoying a tour through its many buildings.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Jingshan Park (Jingshan Gongyuan), No.44 Jingshanxi Street, Xicheng District, Beijing 100009 China
We will visit inside and hike up to the hill where we can enjoy the view of the city.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Bell and Drum Towers, Di'anmen Wai Main Street, Dongcheng District, Beijing 100006 China
We’ll grab a simple lunch at a local restaurant to devour tasty authentic Chinese food nearby this square. The lunch is included (drinks are optional).
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Beijing Temple Of Heaven Biological Preparations Co., Ltd. （East Gate）, Shuang Qiao Lu, Chaoyang Qu, Beijing Shi, China
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Jingshan Park, Xicheng District, Beijing, China
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Minimum age is 6 years
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. Please make sure you wear comfortable walking shoes.
- On occasion, Tiananmen Square may be closed without notice for official visits, events, or security reasons. Should this occur please note that you may not be able to visit Tiananmen Square on your Beijing Urban Adventures tour, and we may need to enter or exit the Forbidden City through an alternative gate. Forbidden City is closed every Monday.
- IMPORTANT: Chinese law requires that all travellers must provide their name, gender, nationality, passport number and birthdate to their tour operator upon booking a tour. Failure to do so could result in a traveller not being able to join their tour, or for the entire group to be denied access to sites such as the Great Wall and the Forbidden City. When you book this tour, please be sure to fill out all fields at checkout. Please also enter your passport number into the 'Additional Information' box and bring your passport with you on the tour.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Local Impact: How you will help the local community by joining this tour: Your tour includes entrance fees to Temple of Heaven Park and the Forbidden City, fees that help preserve these sites of cultural significance.
- You will have lunch at a local restaurant that supports a family from a nearby village.
- The food you'll enjoy at lunch is made up of all local dishes using ingredients right from Beijing.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.