Local Native Guide Tour Mangrove/Flamingos
The mangrove forest of Lac Bay is one of the best preserved mangrove forests in the Caribbean. For generations this lush, green environment has served as a home and incubator to native fish, baby rays, lobster and seahorses. The bushy and beautiful trees and their deep, webbed roots, protect Bonaire from extreme weather conditions. In fact, it’s rumored that they’re strong enough to withstand the wind and water to the point of slowing a tsunami!
The mangroves are a series of narrow channels that are covered by natural canopies made by the bending of the mangrove trees that house birds, fish and clean the water. For centuries fisherman and tourists have been visiting, kayaking and exploring this area of rich waters. Historically, they also provided means to make household items and played an important role in the fishing community, which you will learn about on this tour.
While driving south to the Mangroves, your guide will inform you about the history and sites of Bonaire.
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transportation from most major hotels and cruise ship port is included.
- Seatbelt for all passenger including kids is available in the van/ pickup. Safety is our priority
- Our price includes 6% government taxes
- All our vehicles have Air-Condition
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lac Bay, Kralendijk Bonaire
You will see the Lac bay, where you can see fish , conch.
You will pass by the pink water and the mangrove where you can see the flamingos.
Duration: 5 minutes
Departure Point :38c Kaya Industria, Kralendijk, Caribbean Netherlands
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick you up at all the hotels of Bonaire, pick up also available from the cruise pier.Ports
- cruise pier
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- We want you to feel at home and comfortable on our island and recommend you bring the following for this tour:
- 1. Sun Protection: Sunscreen, Sunglasses
- 2. Extra Water
- 3. Dress Comfortably for warm, sunny and humid weather
- 4. Camera (of course!)
- Before the Tour:
- Hotel or apartment Guests: Please provide us with the name and address and we will be there 15 minutes prior to the tour departure time to collect you.
- Cruise Ship Passengers: We will be standing with your name on a sign in front of the gate where your ship is docked. We will be there 15 minutes prior to the start of your tour to collect you. We GUARANTEE to have you BACK TO THE SHIP 1 hour before the ship departure time.
- This is a small group guided tour up to 7 people per vehicle. You will be in a shared van, car or pick-up depending on number of guests
- Our prices include a 6% government tax
- Our goal is for you to leave the Island happier than when you arrived. Please let us know if we can assist you with anything additional.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.