Local Handicraft Tour in Chiang Mai
On this full-day private tour, you will visit several traditional handicraft factories and workshops. Chiang Mai is the handicraft capital of Thailand.
Our tour is not a shopping tour, although you are free to buy whatever you want. There is no pressure to buy anything. The focus is on watching the production process of some of Chiang Mai's most famous handicrafts such as celadon, woodcarving, sa paper and umbrellas and parasols, among others. We have carefully selected places that are less commercial and less visited.
This tour includes a local lunch and a private air-conditioned vehicle to transport you from place to place.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- English speaking guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- All Fees and Taxes
- Limited Medical Insurance
- Entry/Admission - Umbrella Village - Bor Sang
What's excluded :
- All drinks except water
- Personal expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Umbrella Village - Bor Sang, 1014, Tambon Ton Pao Sankamphaeng, Bo Sang, San Kamphaeng 50130 Thailand
Your guide and driver will meet you at the hotel at 0800. Today you will visit several handicraft workshops and factories around Chiang Mai. Our trip is not a shopping tour, although you are free to buy whatever you want. There is no pressure at all, though. You are on a private tour, so we are very flexible. There is a fantastic variety of handicraft places in Chiang Mai and environs. First, we will bring you to a place where they produce sa paper from the bark of the mulberry tree. Next, you will visit a workshop where they craft and paint parasols and umbrellas. Very fascinating is a factory where they produce bronze statues of the Buddha. Last but not least you will visit Baan Jang Nak, the museum and atelier of Petch Viriya. Petch is the master carver of wooden elephants.
Duration: 8 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
This is a private tour. We will pick you up and drop you off at your hotel. You will not be driven around town to pick up other people.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 adults per booking is required
- Infant meals not included
- Minimum age is 3 years
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.