Local Guided Walvisbay & Swakopmund Township Experience Day Tour
Join us for a well-organised Township Cultural Day Tour,with the community and have a brief introducyion that reflects the history of the Mondesa Township in Swakopmund.The tour is designed as a part of living history, moving from the Owambo areas to those inhabited by Damara and Herero. At each stop a bit of culture, a bit of history and a great deal of laughter are shared. Guests will also get the chance to learn about traditional dress, see and demonstrate the Damara Nama Clicking Language , taste some traditional Oshiwambo food and drink at a local Family Home in the Township with your local Guide, visted the DRC kindergarden and enjoy children Playing.finish your tour with a live performance by a local choir from the township of Mondesa Each customized tour last 3 hours or longer, our aim is of immersing visitors in township life and introducing people to the local customs and traditions through the local experience.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Lunch - Buffet lunch
- Professional guide
- Use of bicycle or Car - choice
- Pick up in Swakopmund only
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Woermannhaus, Swakopmund Namibia
The house of Damara and Namaqua Trading Company was designed by architect Mr. Friedrich Hoft.
The building was completed in 1905. The tower was named ''Damara Tower'' from where observers used to look for ships in the ocean and ox wagons in the desert.
In April 1909 the Damara and Namaqua Trading Company sold all its shares to the company C. Woermann and to their shareholders and was renamed to ''Woermann Brock & Co. which is the present day name. Mr. Carl Woermann (1813-1880) was a founder of the company which also owned Woermann Line. At the time the company was run by Adolf and Eduard Woermann, sons of Carl Woermann, and their in-laws Max Brock and Arnold Amsinck. Mr. E. Wardesky who was the manager of Damara company had remained as the manager of Woermann Brock & Co.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick you up at your accommodation Ports
- Walvis Bay Municipality, Walvis Bay, Namibia
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- A maximum of 10 people per booking
- recommended for participants with back problems
- A moderate 5 minutes of walking is involved
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.