Livorno Private Shore Excursion of Volterra and Supertuscan Bolgheri
Customised Volterra and Bolgheri shore excursion from the port of Livorno for the discerning traveller seeking an authentic Italian experience on a small group tour with only the very best of English speaking driver guides. Discover Italy 'close up' in a Mercedes minivan of up to 7 - 8 people that takes you into the very heart of Tuscany. Get the most of your time ashore to explore both the ancient hilltop Etruscan city of Volterra and enjoy a Supertuscan wine-tasting in the charming village of Bolgheri.
per adult from
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Volterra, Volterra, Province of Pisa, Tuscany
It's a pleasant hour's drive through Tuscan hills to the ancient town of Volterra. Volterra sits on a high plateau offering uninterrupted views of the surrounding hills and boasting over 3,500 years of history. It was one of the most important Etruscan cities from 4-6 century BC and is rich in archeological remains, both Etruscan and Roman. The Etruscans built a 7km ring of walls around the city and as you enter the original Etruscan gate, the Porta all'Arco, you will feel you are stepping back in time as you wander the narrow medieval streets and piazzas. Volterra has always exploited its strategic location as well as its numerous natural resources in the land such as salt, alabaster and copper and today it is still an important centre for the production of alabaster. Volterra has 3 museums of considerable artistic and historical value with the Guarnacci Museum holding one of the most important displays of Etruscan antiquities in existence.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Bolgheri, Bolgheri, Castagneto Carducci, Province of Livorno, Tuscany
Travel on through rolling vine-covered hills overlooking majestic sea pines and follow the famous cypress tree-lined avenue that leads up to the charming village of Bolgheri. Your driver will take you on a secret detour following tractor tracks that lead to a stunning terraced area overlooked by a giant oak in the Ornellaia vineyards! From here you can admire row upon row of vines reaching out to the sea towards the island of Elba as your driver gives you a a brief explanation on the wines of this particular area. Upon reaching the centre of Bolgheri, you will have the opportunity to sample olive oil from a local producer and stroll through the picturesque hamlet for a lively lunch at the enoteca (lunch is at your own cost). In the afternoon, visit a local wine-producer for an introduction to viticulture, wine production and a tour of the cellars and vineyards - wine-tastings are at an additional cost from 30euro per person depending on vineyard.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Depending on where your ship docks, your driver will either be waiting on the dock as close to your ship as possible. If there are two gangplank exits he will stand in the centre of both. Or your driver will be waiting after the new passenger terminal that you will have to walk through. He will be holding a sign with your name on it. Ports
- Cruise Terminal Meeting Hall, 57123 Livorno, Province of Livorno, Italy
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Infant seats available
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- This tour is priced by the group
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- As we look forward to welcoming travelers back to Italy we would like to assure you that your health and safety is paramount. Each vehicle is used solely and exclusively for your private group and is sanitized at the end of every service. Face masks, gloves, hand sanitizer and tissues are provided.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.