Liverpool Hidden History and Dead House Evening Walking Tour
Audiences can expect a 90-minute, theatrical, walking tour with the infamous and distinctive flavor of street theater-style guiding with exclusive access into the city's darkest and less well-known avenues within the boundary of the city's seven original streets. Locations include the lofty banking halls of Castle Street, the regal opulence of Town Hall, the crooked alley-ways, and sulfuric lamp-lit lanes in the now bustling commercial district. Ending the immersive tour experience within the boundary of a medieval garden hidden beneath a Gothic spire, entered through a trapdoor, and named by Herman Melville himself...The Dead House.
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless mentioned
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Listen to the captivating tales of Liverpool's history through the ages from the miserable Medieval Period to the Victorians in all their contrasts. See for yourself the stunning architecture and secret streets of Liverpool’s Commercial District.
Witness the city seascape that inspired Herman Melville, the author of Moby Dick. Delve into the clandestine corners that housed America’s secret head quarters during the Civil War. Listen to the tales of slavery, plague, cholera, and the filthy slums that so many poor souls found to be their final resting place.
Departure Point :Queen Victoria Monument, Derby Square, Liverpool L2 1AB, UK
Departure Time :7:00 PM
Return Detail :Liverpool Parish Church (Our Lady and Saint Nicholas), 5 Old Churchyard, Liverpool L2 8GW, UK
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when you book with two adults; children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not recommended for participants with back problems, heart complaints, serious medical conditions, or pregnant women
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or wheelchair users
- Sensible, weather-appropriate clothes and flat shoes are recommended
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.