Liverpool & The Beatles Rail Day Trip from London
Penny Lane, Strawberry Fields - visit these famous Liverpool sights your own way on an independent day trip from London. Everything's arranged for you: return rail tickets, entry to the Beatles Story, a Magical Mystery Tour and a Liverpool city map and information booklet. The rest is up to you!
per adult from
What's included :
- 2-hour guided 'Magical Mystery' tour of Liverpool (English speaking guide)
- Liverpool map and information pack
- Return train tickets with reserved seats (between London Euston and Liverpool Lime Street Station)
- Entrance to the Beatles Story Exhibition inc. audio tour (12 languages)
- Entry to the famous Cavern Club
- Entry/Admission - The Beatles Story
- Entry/Admission - Beatles Magical Mystery Tour
- Entry/Admission - The Cavern Club
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Tour guide - except Magical Mystery Tour in Liverpool
- Entry/Admission - Strawberry Field
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Royal Albert Dock Liverpool, Riverside Walk, Liverpool L3 4AZ England
The Royal Albert Dock is a complex of dock buildings and warehouses in Liverpool, England. Designed by Jesse Hartley and Philip Hardwick, it was opened in 1846, and was the first structure in Britain to be built from cast iron, brick and stone, with no structural wood.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: The Beatles Story, Unit 41 Britannia Pavilion Albert Dock Albert Dock, Liverpool L3 4AD England
Entry to the award winning The Beatles Story is included in your Liverpool experience - the world's largest permanent exhibition purely devoted to the lives and times of The Beatles.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Merseyside Maritime Museum, Albert Dock, Liverpool L3 4AQ England
The Merseyside Maritime Museum is a museum based in the city of Liverpool, Merseyside, England, UK. It is part of National Museums Liverpool and an Anchor Point of ERIH, The European Route of Industrial Heritage.
Stop At: Beatles Magical Mystery Tour, Liverpool L3 4AE England
Step aboard the 'Magical Mystery Tour’ – a recreation of the colourful bus used in the 1967 film of the same name. This fun and fascinating tour takes in the city's most iconic Beatles locations with live commentary and on-board soundtrack it is waiting to take you away.
Visit the locations that shaped the band and provided the inspiration for some of their greatest hits. See where John, Paul, Ringo and George grew up and their childhood homes, schools and colleges, and visit Penny Lane, Strawberry Field and many more famous locations.
Finish your tour at the legendary Cavern Club on Mathew Street where The Beatles played 292 times over a two and a half year period.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Strawberry Field Beaconsfield Road, Liverpool L25 6EJ England
Site of a former Salvation Army children's home & the inspiration for the famous Beatles song.
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: Penny Lane, Off the A562 Road, Liverpool L24 9PB England
Penny Lane was of course made famous by The Beatles song of that name, released in 1967. John Lennon and Paul McCartney used to meet at Penny Lane to catch a bus into town. Their shared childhood experiences on the street inspired them to write the song, which was released as a double ‘A’ side with ‘Strawberry Fields Forever’ and later featured on the US album ‘Magical Mystery Tour.’
Many Beatles fans make pilgrimage to Penny Lane in the South of the city, to see the street. It’s still a lively area, with independent businesses lining the street. There’s even a barber’s shop in the same spot referenced in the song.
Pass By: St. Peter's Church, Woolton, Church Road Woolton, Liverpool L25 6DA England
“Almost certainly the most important meeting in popular music history” is how the first meeting of John Lennon and Paul McCartney has recently been described. The meeting took place at St Peter’s Church Hall on the evening of Saturday, 6th July 1957… Whilst waiting to play at the church dance that night, John Lennon and the other members of the Quarrymen Skiffle Group were introduced to the young Paul McCartney by a mutual friend.
Stop At: The Cavern Club, 10 Mathew Street, Liverpool L2 6RE England
The Cavern Club opened on 16 January 1957 as a jazz club, later becoming a centre of the rock and roll scene in Liverpool in the 1960s. The Beatles played at the club in their early years.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Euston, London NW1 2DS, UK
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- The train trip is approximately 2 hours each way
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Please note this is an unescorted tour (except the Magical Mystery tour in Liverpool)
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Inclusions vetted to ensure they adhere to safety measures E-tickets only no paper tickets / Staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.