Lisbon's countryside private tour includ 6 wine tasting and Mafra Royal Palace
Escape the bustle of Lisbon for a day and explore the beautiful countryside and its forgotten villages.
Out of the beaten track, enjoy a relaxed private guided day tour in comfort escourted by a local expert. Enjoy a wine experience and taste a unique portuguese wine from a world's exclusive grape. Go back in time exploring a farming village and end the day be surprised by an extrardinary Royal Palace from the 18th century. Your mind will be amazed by the size, luxury and cost of this huge World Heritage Monument by Unesco that was payed with tons of gold that was arriving Brazil, part of the portuguese Impire at the time.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Alcoholic Beverages - Wine tasting
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Manzwine
- Entry/Admission - Aldeia Da Mata Pequena
- Entry/Admission - Palacio Nacional de Mafra
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Manzwine, Largo da Praca 8-A, Mafra 2640-160 Portugal
Learn about a very small wine producer that fell in love with this region and decided to save an exclusive grape from extintion.
Here you will taste 6 different wines from the local and and other portuguese regions along with local traditional tapas and homemade bread.
Duration: 1 hour 10 minutes
Stop At: Old Bridge In Cheleiros, Lisandro, R. do Rio Lizandro, 2640-121 Cheleiros, Portugal
Perfect arch Roman bridge so critialb in the past was preserved until today.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Aldeia Da Mata Pequena, Mata Pequena, Mafra 2640-401 Portugal
Marvel and wander in this almost forgotten hidden Portuguesel old village.
Hidden in the middle of rural area, Mata pequena is beeing brought to live again, with its white-washed walls and picturesque houses, colourful buganvilleas, clay roof tiles. A glimpse to what was life more than a hundred years ago.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Palacio Nacional de Mafra, Terreiro Dom Joao v, Mafra 2640-492 Portugal
Learn and be surprised by this huge excentric Palace commissioned by a Portugusese King in 1717 to fulfil a vote of succession. Palace of Mafra is Portugal’s most important Baroque monument. Built from local stone, it spreads along 120.000f, comprising 1.200 rooms, 4.700 doors and windows and 156 stairs. Such magnificence was only possible due to the Brazilian gold that poured into the country. The King spared no expense as he ordered sculptures and paintings from Italian and Portuguese Master Builders and two carillons with 92 bells found to be the greatest of their time. The Palace also boasts six historic organ pipes in the Basilica, an important 18th-century library with around 36.000 volumes and a Convent Nucleus including a period hospital. Even though it was not used as a permanent residence by the Royal Family, the Palace of Mafra was regularly visited by kings, who came to attend religious feasts or to hunt in the game reserve.
Duration: 1 hour 10 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 7/16/2020 - 10/22/2021
Wednesday - Sunday: 09:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.