Lisbon - Private Wine Tasting Tour to the Setubal Wine Region
Tantalize your taste buds on this full day, private guided tour to the Setúbal Wine Region. This tour is a great introduction to the wonderful wines and local cheeses in this beautiful Portuguese region. You will visit and discover three different wineries, and have the opportunity to their local wine varietals. Not forgetting the verdant mountain landscapes of the Arrabida Mountain National Park.
Being a private tour, participants will be just you (your group) and your guide.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick-up and drop off at a hotel in Lisbon or the cruise port
- Private tour with Professional guide. Participants will be you and your guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan or car
- 10 Wines in total in the three cellars you will visit
- Tasting of traditional cheese breads and other goods
- Entrance fees
- Entry/Admission - Quinta do Alcube
- Entry/Admission - Jose Maria de Fonseca
- Entry/Admission - Casa Mae da Rota de Vinhos
What's excluded :
- Lunch and any other items not mentioned in the program
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Estatua do Marques de Pombal, Estacao de Metro do Marques de Pombal Praca Marques de Pombal, Lisbon 1250-161 Portugal
On our way out of Lisbon we will pass by the Marques de Pombal Statue. From here we will have a 35 minute drive to the Setúbal Wine Region.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: 25 de Abril Bridge, Praca 25 de Abril Almada, Lisbon 1950-358 Portugal
On this full-day tour, you will travel first to Azeitão, an area that is well known for its wines and cheese. On the way there, we will pass Lisbon´s old bridge. Our "Golden Gate". Reaching the Setúbal Wine Region, you will visit some of the region’s top wine cellars and taste fine wines and other produces.
Duration: 35 minutes
Stop At: Quinta do Alcube, Rua do Alto das Necessidades, Azeitao 2925-346 Portugal
One of the wineries you will visit is Quinta de Alcube. A wine cellar owned by a family for over a century (since 1913). It is a traditional cellar, that produces up to 350,000 litters per year.
Here you will be able to taste 4 of their wines and understand how wine is done and their philosophy.
Their wines are sold only directly to customers, making it difficult to find in shops.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Jose Maria de Fonseca, Rua Jose Augusto Coelho 11 13 Vila Nogueira, Azeitao 2925 Portugal
Another stop will be at the renowned wine cellars of José Maria da Fonseca, where you will learn about the winery’s history, since 1834, and sample 2 of its wines. This is one of the oldest wineries in Portugal, and the oldest of the region.
Inside you will see the oldest wine collection of Portugal (Fortified Wine). Also here, they have the oldest cellar/brand that is 160 yrs old, and where they used unique handmade mahogany barrels that have a capacity of up to 20.000 liters.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Casa Mae da Rota de Vinhos, Largo de Sao Joao Baptista, Palmela 2950-248 Portugal
Your third and final experience, will be in the old village of Palmela. Here you will taste up to 5 more wines, in the “Mother House” of this wine region, where you can see and taste, what most of the 21 different wineries in this region produce.You will also sample some traditional local produced cheese, bread and other goods.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Palmela, Palmela, Setubal District, Alentejo
In addition to all the tastings, you will marvel at the views of the Arrábida Natural Park, mountain range and its history.
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your meeting point is flexible, and to be agreed with your Guide. The meeting point will be at your hotel or accommodation, or your Guide will meet you at a convenient location close to your hotel or accommodation.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- At time of booking, hotel clients must provide the following information at time of booking: hotel name and address
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- Dress code is smart casual
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.