Lipica Stud Farm and Skocjan Caves from Ljubljana
Spend a day in Lipica Stud Farm, where you will experience the world of white Lipizzan horses, and visit the magnificent Škocjan Caves which are on UNESCO’s list of natural and cultural world heritage sites.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Skocjanske Jame
- Entry/Admission - Lipica Stud Farm - Kobilarna Lipica
- Entry/Admission - Lipizzan Museum Lipikum
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- The Lipica Stud Farm is one of the oldest stud farms in the world and it represents the origin of the Lipizzan horse. In a unique natural environment, in the middle of fairy meadows and in the shade of oak and chestnut trees, you will find beautiful white horses which will certainly enchant you. Taking a walk on the Stud Farm estate is like travelling through history. The old manor house and the gracefulness of the Lipizzan horse will take you to the time when horse carriages were the most prominent way of transport. For more than 400 years the tradition of breeding these white horses has been preserved in the centre of the unique Karst landscape which today represents one of the most beautiful natural and cultural monuments in Slovenia. You will experience the world of the Lipizzan horse, walk through the stable and visit the Lipikum Museum dedicated to various aspects of the stud and the Lipizzan breed.
Škocjan Caves is a cave system in Slovenia which together with the underground stream of the river Reka represents the most important natural phenomenon of the Karst region and one of the largest underground canyons in the world. Due to its exceptional significance, Škocjan Caves was entered on UNESCO’s list of natural and cultural world heritage sites in 1986. Its colourful underground world is adorned with giant stalactites, water rapids and beautiful lakes. View the world’s largest underground canyon and walk across the bridge which is situated 40 metres above the underground river. The panoramic view at the exit of the cave will certainly leave you speechless. At the end, visit the Škocjan Caves Regional Park, an open-air like museum, which is well known for its ethnological, karstological, geological and archaeological monuments, as well as for its natural and cultural heritage. Here the guests can walk through the park and enjoy the unspoiled nature.
Departure Point :Ljubljana, Ljubljana, Upper Carniola Region
Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Brnik Airport, Ljubljana Slovenia
Departure Time :9/1/2016 - 1/8/2022
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 07:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise supplier as soon as possible: hotel details or any other preferred pickup location.
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.