Lindos Private Tour & Rhodian Pottery Demonstration
With this private tour, you visit the most popular village on the island and you experience one of the must things to do in an easy and convenient way, at your own pace.
- Air conditioned vehicle (private transfer)
- Panoramic photo stop at viewpoint before arrival
- Travel along scenic coastal roads, admiring views of beaches and picturesque villages
- Enjoy a leisurely stroll around the picturesque settlement of Lindos
- Flexible itinerary that permits you to see the sights that interest you most (such as the two famous architectural monuments of ancient Líndos: Kleovoulos Tomb and the Archokrateio, the ancient theater, the Virgin Mary of Líndos church in the centre of the village or just window-shopping).
- Meet the long yet dying Rhodian tradition of ceramics only a handfull of families still practicing on the island and experience the authentic Rhodes.
- Take the opportunity to craft your own original ceramic masterpiece.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Snacks - - Rhodian hand made energy bar from honey and sesame, the so called "melekouni" - greek ouzo - local finger food/"meze", such as olives and cheese
- Bottled water
- Private transportation
- Pottery Demonstration by the family workshop artisan
- Ticket to the Acropolis of Lindos
- Entry/Admission - Acropolis of Lindos
What's excluded :
- Historical guide inside the archaeological site of Acropolis of Lindos. Available upon request.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Acropolis of Lindos, Lindos 851 07 Greece
The tour begins from your hotel at about 9.30am, when we pick you up by our air-conditioned vehicle. On our way to Lindos, admire the coastal east side of the Island. We also stop for a magnificent photo opportunity having Lindos rock as your photo frame!
About forty minutes later, we arrive at Lindos entrance and we are heading to the top of the rock, where the Acropolis of Lindos stands so impressively 116m above sea level.
Through an ancient old gate you enter the world of one of the most popular shrines of antiquity; surrounded by walls constructed by the knights, standing . Here you’ll admire the impressive Doric Temple of Athena Lindia, built in the 4th century B.C.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Village of Lindos, Lindos Rhodes, Greece Greece
Built on a slope, Lindos is the most attractive and popular village on the island. This picturesque town should definitely be on your list of things to do in Rhodes. The whitewashed labyrinth of little alleyways was deliberately designed to confuse pirates; today this layout makes wandering around the town with its small shops and cafes a real adventure!
So, after visiting the Acropolis, the adventure inside Lindos village starts at about 11am.
Duration: 50 minutes
Stop At: Kolymbia Beach, Kolympia 851 02, Greece
You leave Lindos at about 12 noon. Now it's time to make a little history of your own by embracing the passion for ceramics that has defined Greece for thousands of years during a pottery demonstration. Upon arrival, you will be greeted by the owner, who will guide you through the techniques used to craft his pieces and talk about the storied history of Rhodian ceramics, including the famous Pythagoras cup. After enjoying an artful pottery demonstration by one of the expert artisans, you may decide to dirty your hands on the pottery wheel or hand paint yourselves. Toast your achievement with Greek ouzo and snack on traditional mezes (such as olives and cheese).
After about an hour, you take your way back at the hotel. Estimated drop off time 13:30.
Duration: 50 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel or port or spot pick up within 15 klms from Rhodes Town.For further locations, pick up upon request.Pick up time ~9.30amPorts
- Rhodes port
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- ~12 min. walk to Acropolis of Lindos uphill with stairs
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Private transfer according to protocols imposed by the Greek government.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.