Lima Foodie and City Like a Local
Today is about getting to know some Limeño history; you will be surprised in many ways. Pick up at your hotel and then you will start with a visit to a local market to appreciate and taste some traditional fruits, you will then board the Metropolitano bus service to Downtown Lima. Go and check out the most important Colonial buildings in the area with your private guide; the Historic Center of Lima has been the seat of the Colonial and Republican governments since the Spanish foundation of the city in 1535 on top of an existing indigenous urban center. Until the nineteen-forties it was the residential area for the country's most influential families. As you pass by all the important and lesser-known official buildings, churches and houses, pay attention to the different building styles and the typical balconies. Take in the Church and Convent of Santo Domingo, the Church of San Pedro, Casa Osambela and Casa Riva Aguero. After this we will bring you back to your hotel in Miraflores.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup (Miraflores district, Barranco district, San Isidro district)
- Local guide
- Public transport fees
- Chicha Morada and Food tasting.
- Entry/Admission - Plaza San Martin
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees (you don't need entrance tickets for this excursion, but if you wanted to enter one of churches you would have to pay this on spot)
- Entry/Admission - Plaza de Armas (Plaza Mayor)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mercado nro 1 de Surquillo, Av. Paseo de la Republica, Lima Peru
This fascinating walking tour will help you gain a little insight into the local Limeño culture and history. After being picked up from your hotel at 9 am, the taxi will take you to the Miraflores market, where Peruvian merchants will enlighten you on the local produce and outline the different types of potatoes, corn and fruits that can be found in Peru. Feel free to grab some samples and don't forget to try the coca leaves!
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Plaza de Armas (Plaza Mayor), Jr. Junin and Jr. Carabaya, Lima Peru
Following a short meander through the market, you will then hop on the public bus 'Metropolitano' to the historic center, where you can admire grand colonial buildings. The Historic Center of Lima has been the seat of the Colonial and Republican governments since the Spanish foundation of the city in 1535 and is also an important indigenous center. Until the 1940s, it also housed Peru's richest and most influential families. As you stroll through the city center, pay attention to the changing style of architecture and the beautiful interior balconies.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Plaza San Martin, Lima Peru
Upon arriving to Plaza San Martin, you will taste some delicious Peruvian pastries before heading to the main square. There, you will stop by a small outlet of the ChocoMuseum and will receive fun facts and information about the process of transforming the cocoa bean into the delicious chocolate that you will be savoring. Following this tasty treat, the tour will proceed to the Cordano Bar, where you will taste a typical Peruvian drink, the Chicha Morada, made from sweet purple corn. From here, you can either grab the Metropolitano bus back to Miraflores or you are welcome to stay in the historic center to continue exploring on your own terms.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up from your hotel in Miraflores or Barranco areas.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.