Be exhilarated by some of the world's most breathtaking and
untouched locations. Allow us to take you on this magical journey
to the village of Likir. Learn on site, the ancient art of Ladakhi pottery and in the process save the art from extinction.
Spend time in close proximity with the locals. And finally, end the day
with an extraordinary visit to the caves at Saspol with ancient
paintings dated back to 13-15th century, carrying the blessings of
Maha-yogis for thousand of years.
per adult from
What's included :
- Pottery equipment, clay etc
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
Once you arrive to Tendrel center in Leh, You will start your journey to Likir in a comfortable Qualis /Innova. Once you reach there you will meet the potters family with some welcome drink and refreshments. There will be a brief introduction about Pottery in Ladakh. You would then get to practice pottery making with the artisan, there will be a english speaking guide who would help you with the instruction. if you have any questions or doubts, the guide would try to explain you to his/ her best ability. Once you have finished with the activity, Lunch would be served at his house made by his family members. You can choose to take your artwork back, but you will have to get it baked in kiln near you.
• Likir Monastery, Likir, Leh 194101 India
Departure Point :Tendrel Travel, 2nd Floor, Above HP Computer Gallery, Main Bazaar Rd, near HDFC Bank, Leh, Jammu and Kashmir 194101
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.