Levada Walk from Ribeiro Frio to Portela
Lace up your sports shoes and get ready to enjoy an 8-hour guided walk along the best-known 'levada,' (irigation channel) on the island of Madeira, from Ribeiro Frio to Portela. In a small group of no more than 15 people, marvel at the flora and fauna and admire the sweeping views toward Porto da Cruz and Penha d'Aguia, along the way.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Your tour begins at 9am with pickup from select Funchal hotels, or from another designated meeting point. Be sure to wear sports shoes with a good grip or hiking boots. It is also essential to bring a picnic as there is nowhere to purchase food for the duration of the 8-hour walking tour.
Having greeted your guide and travel group, you'll begin your walk. As you walk along the footpath, marvel at the display of light and shade filtering through the laurel and heather trees. Admire the trout swimming in the levada along side the path, which will likely dash for cover at yout approach. As you get closer to Lamaceiros, prepare for some excellent views of the town of Porto da Cruz and Penha d'Aguia (more commonly known as Eagle Rock) far below.
After a full day of walking and soaking up marvelous views, your tour concludes back at the original departure point at about 5pm.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredPorts
- Port of Funchal, Av. Sá Carneiro 3, 9000-019 Funchal, Portugal
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Sports shoes with a good grip or hiking boots
- Clients must be prepared for all situations due to changing weather conditions
- If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- It's mandatory to bring a small picnic to carry with you along the day (you won't find anywhere else to buy food during the walk)
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We will keep 70% of the capacity of our vehicles and avoid mass tourism. Face masks are available for sale in our offices or please bring your own.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.