Levada dos Prazeres Walk
This pleasant walk starts in Prazeres, traveling a few kilometers in the south of the Island to the area of Raposeira, being a good option to do at any time of year. Walking side by side to the Levada, the tour is lovely and contains a mix of endemic flora and fauna as well as some works of man, which are useful to optimize the system for collecting and carrying water to benefit the agricultural land area.
Along the way, hikers can enjoy the beautiful views that arise between valleys and open fields on the populations and agricultural crops carefully treated. Just ahead hikers will pass through an area with a few houses. Here they can observe the residents in their usual tasks, which include treating of land and animals.
The contrast between the lush local vegetation and agricultural land make this journey special and different from many others. Enjoy all the surroundings of this tour and the contact with nature to take a break and reset energies. Good walk!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
What's excluded :
- Bottled water
The Levada dos Prazeres begins in the sunny Calheta, on the South coast of Madeira Island. It is an easy and beautiful “Levada walk” ideal for everybody! In Levada dos Prazeres you can find good weather for almost 365 days per year. This walk is developed in the middle of two forests: The Exotic Forest composed by introduced trees and plants, such as the pine trees and acácias; and also a part of the Laurissilva Forest, an endemic forest, composed of plants and tree that can only be seen on Madeira Island. The Laurissilva Forest of Madeira is a world heritage site by UNESCO since 1999 and is also one of the seven wonders of Portugal. Here is easy to find some examples of trees that belong the Laurel Forest.
This walk is very relaxing along the Levada and has the duration of approximately two hours walking. During the tour, the guide will explain you some curiosities about the local traditions, flora and fauna along the Levada. If you have a curiosity about what is a Levada walk in Madeira this tour will be probably the most indicated to explore this wonderful water channels called “levadas” with all your family
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredPorts
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.