Let's experience calligraphy in YANAKA / Taito-ku / TOKYO !!
In the YANESEN calligraphy classroom deepen your understanding of Japanese culture.
The everyday use of brushes has almost disappeared.
We hope you will calm your mind by experiencing this ancient Japanese tradition
per adult from
What's included :
- Experience fee and Parting gift (Shikishi boad)
- All Fees and Taxes
What's excluded :
- Private transportation
Explanation on Shodo (5min)
Explanation of brush, paperweight, Sumi(ink), Suzuri(ink well), Hanshi(thin paper). We explain how to hold and care for a brush before you write.
Practice basic strokes (20min)
Practice some very basic strokes that form Japanese Kanji (Characters) : Vertical, horizontal, diagonal and more.
Practice copying example kanji.
Practice your favorite word (20min)
Choose your favorite kanji (Character) and practice.
Hands-on experience to write beautifully by yourself.
Write it on shikishi (traditional card) (10min)
Write your favorite word on shikishi. We apply Rakkan (traditional stamp) to complete.
• Yanaka District, Yanaka, Taito 110-0001 Tokyo Prefecture
Departure Point :Tourist Information & Culture Center YANESEN, 3-chōme-13-7 Yanaka, Taito City, Tōkyō-to 110-0001, Japan
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- When you do not have masks and disinfectant at our programs check-in, We pleasure to prepare for you. Please request to our staff.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.