Legendary Ephesus Full Day From Kusadasi
Immerse yourself in the history and culture of ancient Turkey with this full-day private tour of Ephesus, the preserved ancient city. Follow a private guide through some of the area’s most popular sites, including the House of the Virgin Mary and the city’s Parliament House, Temple of Domitian, and Memmius Monument. Then head to a nearby carpet cooperative to see local women preserving Turkey’s carpet-making tradition.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Fuel surcharge
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Entry/Admission - Temple of Hadrian
- Entry/Admission - The Basilica of Saint John
- Entry/Admission - Meryemana (The Virgin Mary's House)
- Entry/Admission - Ephesus Terrace Houses
- Entry/Admission - Bibliotheque de Celsus
- Entry/Admission - The Temple of Artemis
- Entry/Admission - Trajan's Fountain
- Entry/Admission - Ancient City of Ephesus
What's excluded :
- Travel back in time to the Roman Period during this full-day tour of Ephesus. With help from a private, highly skilled tour guide, gain new insight into Roman engineering, lifestyle, and art and culture while touring the most visited ancient site in Turkey. Start the tour at the House of Virgin Mary, believed to be the final living place of the biblical heroine. Located 6 kms (3.7mi) from Ephesus and surrounded by pine and olive trees, the house is made of stone and is very small. Outside is a "wishing wall” where visiting pilgrims have tied their personal reflections on paper or fabric.
Next, travel to Ephesus, learning about the history of the surviving Roman structures from the guide while walking through the magnificent Marble Street of the city. Visit 2,000-year-old structures including the Parliament House, Temple of Domitian, Memmius Monument, and Heracles Gate. Along the way, marvel at mosaic covered pavements, bathhouses, public toilets, and shops. See the third largest library in the Ancient World, the theater where St. Paul preached, and the Terrace Houses, and hear more from the guide about what daily life in Ephesus was like.
In the afternoon, travel to a local carpet cooperative to see how Turkish carpets are woven. Continue on to the Ephesus Archaeological Museum, which displays important artifacts excavated from Ephesus and neighboring regions. After touring the museum, head to St. John’s Basilica to see where the apostle John died and was buried after his missions in Anatolia. Finally, visit the Temple of Artemis (Diana), one of the seven wonders of ancient World, before ending the tour.
Departure Point :From Kusadasi cruise port or hotel
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.