Lecce the Florence of the South from Central Apulia
Explore how very different, friendly and playful Baroque style can be in the honey-colored “Florence of the South”. Visit Lecce, famed city of art and birthplace of the marvelous "barocco Leccese". Besides the mesmerizing virtuously carved fine-grained honey-colored local limestone decorations of the impressing churches, monumental monasteries and renaissance and baroque style noble houses, which made Lecce so famous, the second most important and still kept alive artisanship is papier-mâché art. Discover how local craftsmen express their art in the numerous little papier-mâché "botteghe" in the historical district.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transfer in air-conditioned vehicles from hotel to destination and back,
- Guided visit of the old town of Lecce and its most impressive buildings.
What's excluded :
- Food and beverages
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Porta Napoli, Via Adua Altezza Piazzetta Arco di Trionfo, 73100, Lecce Italy
Porta Napoli is the starting point of the guided tour and prefered entrance in the Baroque historical town of Lecce.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Centro Storico, Lecce, Corte dei Cicala, 19-35, 73100, Lecce Italy
Guided visit of Santa Maria Assunta Cathedral and Dome Square.
Photo stop to capture the beauty of dozens of baroque private palaces.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Piazza Sant'Oronzo, 73100, Lecce Italy
Guided visit of the most important square of Lecce old town and of the famous Roman Amphiteathre hidden among the modern buildings.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Basilica di Santa Croce, Via Umberto I 3, 73100, Lecce Italy
Guided visit of the most beautiful religious building of Lecce Baroque town.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up is possible from all hotels, B&B, private houses in Alberobello, Fasano, Torre Canne, Savelletri, Polignano a mare, Monopoli, and Marina di Ostuni (coast only)
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Consider the dress code for church visits (shoulders and knees should be covered) and wear comfortable shoes for the cobbled streets.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.