Lecce Street food tour and City Sightseeing
First time you visit Lecce and want to know the city and its food specialties? This tour is the perfect solution for you!
Stroll into the city center and taste the best known local street food. Your guide will tell you the history related to the main highlights, such as the Basilica of Santa Croce, considered the emblem of Lecce's baroque style, the Cathedral, and the many palaces you will find on the way. From one place to the other, you will stop and delight your palate with the most famous and tasty delicacies of Salento, like the "rustico", a soft puff pastry disc filled with mozzarella, tomato and béchamel; the "frisella", a twice-baked bread roll topped with fresh tomato and olive oil; or the pastry star "pasticciotto", a shortcrust pastry stuffed with custard. You'll also taste other fantastic samples of Salento specialties.
Take this tour either at lunch or dinner time, as it is an ideal way to do some sightseeing while having a light meal as you make your way through the city.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Snacks - Food tasting of local street food like rustico (made with puff pastry and a stuffing), frisa (bread roll seasoned with tomatoes, olive oil), tarallini and pastries
- Alcoholic Beverages - Between tastings, a sample of autoctone wine
What's excluded :
- Gratuities (optional)
- Enjoy this exciting experience discovering Lecce, between its gems of Barocco style and the most famous and savory samples of Salento street food like rustico, frisella and pasticciotto
Departure Point :Gate of Saint Blaise, Piazza D'Italia, 8, 73100 Lecce LE, Italy
Departure Time :7:00 PM
Return Detail :Piazza Sant'Oronzo, 73100 Lecce LE, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.